LOCKED: January 08 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Lyle, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Donovan -- UGH -- there is not an American athlete who has done less with more talent in any sport in America. If soccer was a point of discussion on a show like PTI or on of the 3 other mainstream sports everyone in the media would see his million dollar talent and $2.99 heart.
    However, I admire his Jedi mind-trick ability to have the American soccer media praise him as much as they do, and consistently manage to produce so little. And every time I see his kiss his wrists, waive his magic wand, and cast some eye of newt over the ball before he takes the kick, I just lose my F)*&%# mind. Fulham needs him the way they need a 15 point deduction.

2. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

In their quarterly forecast of who Bradley will pick for 2010, Yanks Abroad actually has Landycakes listed in the maybe category, as opposed to a lock. Never thought I'd see the day this decade where the shrinking sniveler was actually a question for the USMNT. Nothing in the soccer world would make me happier than our squad being strong enough to leave Landy on the beach in California.

3. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Re: RE: January Transfer Window

My god I think I'm going to throw up?

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: RE: January Transfer Window

well, it looks like there's room for a -sorta- LandyCakes advocate.

First: He's a human being. As such he has a right to pick the lifestyle he wants. For you who are in a career, do you want your living location determined by those who think they know what's best for you?

Second: His reluctance to stay in Leverkusen may or may not have anything to do with 'lifestyle' but suppose it did. Pretend you are in pharmaceutical marketing and you live in SoCal... and Bayer wants you to move to Leverkusen for a couple years... huh..huh? And you didnt even like living in Columbus, let alone...

Third: I dont recall him ever saying he wont play in Europe. But let's say he didnt say that. Let's say he meant 'best for now' for him and Bianca to live in LA. She has a 'career' too.

Now let's suppose Bianca's series is cancelled and she gets an offer from ITV London, cast as an 'American Chick' in one of their Series. And suppose Galaxy is trying to figure out how to pay both himself and BEckham while putting together a team with enough talent to actually win the MLS cup.

And he gets an offer from some club in or near London..

Do you REALLY think he wont go there?

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

Smart player, I'm unsure if he could translate to the EPL. Kinda small to be honest. He's listed at 5'11 and if my conversion to centimeters is correct that leaves him four inches shy of Ian Pearce.

6. Lyle

Lyle New Member

He's taller than Fabio Cannavaro... and probably taller than Kolo Toure and William Gallas.

7. jonbruns

jonbruns New Member

8. pettyfog

RE: interesting rumor I just heard...

Someone was talking about that on the offal, recently.

It's okay with me. He's solid but he isnt going to set the standard, by any means.

Go figger.. a yank with an irish passport on Sanchez' fulham squad.

Makes you wish he'd bring in a Welshman just for diversity.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: interesting rumor I just heard...

Well, we got the Welsh git and the Russkie as our match winners with healthy assists from two Finns. I guess the Irish and the Yanks are just window-dressing!

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Of course, I'm taller than Michael Owen, Christiano Renaldo, Wayne Rooney, and Eric Clapton, so that doesn't mean a lot. :banana: :banana: :banana:

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

i'm taller than mugsy bogues! 8)

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I dont understand how signings work in the EPL. Could they sign him now or do they have to wait until January. Are there different signing windows for MLS players?

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I'm not sure that I really want to know because I've always been on Landon's side, but please tell me more. Is all that stuff he does before a PK for dogs?

14. pettyfog

Parkhurst to Fulham?

International Window is the same.
    they can do everything BUT get his signature, though.
    They'll keep it relatively quiet while Revs are still playing, I think

15. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: January Transfer Window

Think he's good enough for QPR?

16. psand22

psand22 Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: January Transfer Window

I was checking out the OPTA stats on SkySports today and I thought the crowd might like to take a look at the team stats. Fulham lead the way with shots on target, but are 19th in successful passes. We have less than half the successful passes of the Blue Scum leaders.

I know, we need some help on defense, but do we need some help in the midfield? I'm sure the passing stats are a bit misleading, since we try the long ball tactics at times. Just imagine, if we had someone that we can work thru...maybe hold on to the ball and distribute it. Is Bully that guy? Or do we need to bring someone in during the transfer window?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 70,00.html

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dude! I've been shouting all season that our problem has not been in the defense but in:

a. our inability to get the ball from defense to attack through the midfield AND
    b. our inability to finish

To answer your question, yes; I think Bullard is the guy who can run the midfield the same way that Gerrard does for Liverpool. I think that getting a healthy Bullard and a healthy McBride will get us what no new transfer can. Thanks for the link

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Unless that transfer includes trading Kamara (who apparently was good in the Soda Pop league) for Anelka. Yes, please.

19. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

When will Bullard be back? Agree...if he can return to pre-injury form, our midfield will be much better in the way of possession. As far as Parkhurst goes, I haven't seen him that much so I don't really have an opinion.

20. WonsanUnited

WonsanUnited New Member

Going back to Parkhurst, I think he would excel at Fulham. In MLS, he would rarely get fouls called on him, yet he was very aggressive on the ball and can really tackle.

Also, look at a few other former MLS Defender of Year. Ryan Nelsen at Blackburn is seen as one of the best bang-for-your-bucks in the EPL and has been a huge reason why Blackburn has one of the best defenses in the EPL (he's also captain). Then look at Bocanegra. He's really improved and has become one of the few Fulham defenders who can hold their own, not to mention becoming captain in the absence of McBride.