Leaked USA 2014 World Cup home football kit

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by Anonymous, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

he he. :laughing-rollingred: Seriously, who is in charge of this stuff. I hope Bethany doesnt notice.

2. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

This looks to be the away shirt for the World Cup (or the latest rumor). Nothing says America like some bomb pops.

[​IMG]

3. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

:laughing-rolling: Absolutely brilliant, Lax.

4. Clevelandmo

he he on the bomb pop Lax. These dont impress me either but I must say the white kits on the players in cyprus looked a lot better than I expected.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Perfect Lax!! If this is indeed the away jersey, then all credit must go to Nike for finally 'Doing It'....I'm even now on board with missing the dreaded denim '94s. Seriously who is sitting in a boardroom and thinking these are good ideas??? Sorry Mo, but will respectfully disagree on this one with you, the white jerseys with the faux button-up collar are horrible, but they do look good compared to this disaster (can Nike at least get the :angry-cussingblack: colors right??)

6. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

I guess Nike is more concerned with the technical fit and feel than what the kits actually look like. Seriously, in twenty years what is going to matter more, the look that is forever captured in pictures or the "short-sleeve, set-in sleeve jersey with laser cut holes and mesh back panel. French seam on side seam and hem with side vents". Not to mention the lazer perforated numbers! Yes, they spelled laser with a z.

BTW, the bomb pop comment made me laugh aloud. I guess the jacket is acceptable.

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

8. Clevelandmo

I like it. Captain America

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

I also strangely like it.

10. tim

tim Active Member

Hideous.

11. AggieMatt

Has a Slavic feel to it. I could see Slovakia, Czech Republic or Croatia (if you added a checkerboard somewhere on it) wearing that.

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at it and not think of bomb pops. It's bombastic? Or bombtastic?

12. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Pizza anyone?

[​IMG]

I do agree that it feels like an Eastern European kit. Too bright.

13. AggieMatt

Damnit!!! I don't like them but I was ok with bomb pops. Now you've gone and completely ruined it for me. If I see us and think Dominoes, ugh!

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I was going to post that pic. :lol:

Russian Hockey anyone?
    [​IMG]

15. AggieMatt

Ugh. Old Vodka Can. Hopefully that's not foreshadowing b/c he's probably the most talented player with the worst tournament/playoff record ever. Complete choker.

16. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

:laughing-rolling: They wouldn't be so horrendous is they actually got our colors right. :angry-banghead: Think about that for a second....they got our colors WRONG :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Is he the choker or the Washington Capitals? :lol:

18. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

bomb pops were, well, the bomb. that's a great memory yet my kids have never had one. that said, gotta avoid the noid.

19. AggieMatt

Technically both. But Ovie moreso than the team. He's a selfish player who is just not willing to do the hard work and refuses to play smart. It works in the regular season for him, but in tournaments and playoffs the game tightens up and he is usually exposed.

As for the kit. It looked just as crappy on the pitch on tv as it did in the photos.

20. tim

tim Active Member