Landon should follow in Freddy's footsteps

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by shinerbockguy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/7 ... nd-home-...

Good for Freddy. I'd like to see him do well. Hard to believe people were that hard on a 14yr old.

Landon should go too. He's not that old.

Look what that kind of approach is doing for Michael Bradley - he's blossoming into a guy that someone will snatch at next summer's transfer window.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

RE: Landon should follow in Freddy

Enjoyed the article. Adu is a good kid (or should I say man). I new he had a fantastic U20 World Cup performance but I didnt realize it was needed to "save his career". I have a friend who is a Dutch coach as was sent to the U20 WC by a soccer magazine. He said that while Altidore and Szetela had good cups it was Adu who created everything and supplied all the magic. I didnt get to see it myself.

3. shinerbockguy

shinerbockguy New Member

RE: Landon should follow in Freddy

Adu was indeed the biggest force, but Altidore seems to have nice finishing ability - maybe not as much creative potential as Adu.

Altidore needs to go to Europe soon.