LA match viewing 3/1 ManU

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by SoCalJoe, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Okay people, the last time we had a get together, there were more people from Atlanta than LA (sorry Terri). With my daughter's Spring team about to start games mid-March the 3/1 match vs the Empire is a good time for me to get down to Studio City. The Fox and Hounds won't have their tv listings for 3/1 until next week, but I'll assume they'll be showing that one. I'll be dragging myself there no matter what, so come on down.

2. SoCalJoe

I'm bumping this one back up the board. The Fox and Hounds (thefoxandhounds.com) will be showing this one live at 7 am. Let me address a few of the concerns;

1) After yet another kick in the teeth this past Sat. you've vowed not to subject yourself to any more pain... You wouldn't be a Fulham fan unless a little streak of masochism wasn't in your blood.

2) That's a long way to drive... Remember you're a Southern Californian and a 50 minute drive to you is a 10 minute drive to anyone else in the US. Besides this is one of the few times the 101 freeway will be light traffic.

3) That's way too early.... There's a new drink out, called coffee, it will help overcome the fact you'll probably have to get up at 5:30 OR you could throw caution to the wind and never go to bed.

4) Did you see what they did to Newcastle? are you insane? Yes and Yes. Even if you've never thought about having a pint that early in the morning the match will probably drive you to drink and viola you'll be in the right spot. Furthermore, this is probably the last time we'll play those elitist bastards in a Premiership match for a while, unless we start the great escape this Sat. w/a miracle result and you'll have missed out on catching it in a great pub....

3. tim

tim Active Member

count me in....just think of how sweet it will be when we pull off the upset of the season.

4. SoCalJoe

See you there Tim. What happened to the recent influx of left-coasters? How bout consistent posters like EricD, LaxAttack, Kansas, and Fernando? jlough, all you have to do is leave Ramona at 4:30 :shock:

From the silver lining department...the match will be over by 9 and you'll still have the entire day to get done what needs to be done.

5. EricD

EricD New Member

I am in the middle of my busy season (CPA/taxes), and I have appointments already scheduled in the morning. I wish I could tape the game but Time Warner does not carry Setanta (it does not have Gol TV either). Have a great time. Man U is going to be a tough challenge. I hope we solve the lineup issues - still confused on the EJ midfield spot (especially for Deuce - aaarrrggghhhh!!!!!)

Between work, coaching and a fairly new baby, I end up watching a recording of the FFC games either late at night or during the week. Does anyone have any cheese to go with my whine?

6. SoCalJoe

No worries Eric...a pound of Gouda is heading down the 55 freeway as this is being typed.