Kyle Beckerman

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by nevzter, Jun 27, 2014.

1. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I've been as hard on this guy as others in the past, but he played his ass off in the first three matches.

I'd have never have expected his quality going into the WC against other internationals, but my tide began to turn when I saw him play for RSL vs. SJ in the spring. He had a level of play about him that I'd missed on TV, or simply was ignorant to it. As for this WC, he's been placed in a role that he does best: break up attacks, defend and make a smart distribution. And, more importantly, he's performed everything that's been asked of him. He's becoming one of my USMNT favorites.

Oh, and that hair...

2. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Beckerman won me over some time ago as well in the DM role. He reads the game nicely and does a pretty good job of making sure he is in support at all times. He rarely does anything that wii make the highlight reels but he seems to have unleashed Jermaine Jones to do so without exposing the defense.

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

My fellow Croftonite and Wildcat (aka my prom date according to a certain Aggie...where is he anyway?) is doing us proud. Hope he gets a goal in this WC, although it would probably be from long range and rather unlikely.

4. tim

tim Active Member

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

He's won me over. And if John effin' Brooks can get a World Cup goal, well, then, I think this guy certainly get one. He works hard, doesn't take any plays off, and makes few bad mistakes. Good things happen to those kinds of players. Now if we can just get his partner in the #4 kit untracked, we might be able to casue some mayhem down there. Keep the faith brothers! (and sisters).

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

As long as Bradley is AWOL, Beckerman is okay. But he IS just okay. Against Germany, I was hoping we'd bring on Cameron for Beckerman in the last half hour to get SOME offensive support from our defensive midfield. The BEST thing about Beckerman is that he's allowed Jones to put in three MOTM performances.

7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Somebody's got to carry the water. And he is doing so with aplomb. I think he is playing far better than "okay," but at this point, I'd have taken "okay" a month ago and I'd never thought I'd say such a thing. He brings a grit that, as you say, allows Jones to run around offensively. This may be the key to defeating Belgium.
    Cameron had a not very good, even poor, match against Portugal when it counted. He was fine for a big stretch in the middle but the first 5 and last 5 are make and break time. He wasn't good in either 5. Interesting to see what Klinsmann does with Cameron.