Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by dcheather, Jan 29, 2014.
http://www.novasports.gr/news.aspx?a_id ... ayer=19125
From the google translator:
I really hope we pull this off and it somehow results in Berbatov going elsewhere. My fears if not? That he can't get on the pitch more than 20-30 minutes (if he's lucky) as a sub b/c of Berbatov or he starts up top and Berbatov plays the #10 role.
A gigantic :text-+1: . However, until I see the guy holding up a jersey, I'll hold back. If this happens, and he is the spark the club needs than the re-signing of Karagounis will have had a major impact. There is no way Fulham gets a sniff at this guy without Matt's favorite player still on the squad.
The twitter buzz says that he will have a medical tomorrow.
I watched some highlight video of his and i must say that it kind of got me excited. I realize there is a huge difference in the quality and style of defenders between the Prem and Greek leagues. But still, a bit excited.
This is pretty much the only signing yet that addresses a need. Except that we have two forwards who are proven goal scorers in the premier league and they cant score with us. What makes anyone think a guy from the Greek league is going to be able to bag some goals for us? The Swansea game did not get me down but our transfer business is starting to make me depressed. Why bother with this stuff?
http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2014/janua ... -mitroglou
He is official.
Mo, will attempt to see if I can convince you that this isn't a depressing move, quite the contrary. Without a doubt this guy will require service as all strikers do, but it's a great move for the following reasons:
• Greek League stats aside, in 13 starts in the Champions League, he has 9 goals and 1 assist.
• Karagounis must obviously be and will continue as a mentor to him, which will speed up his transition.
• The 2 proven strikers you talk about are presumably Bent and Berba. The former is major knee surgeries and 15 lbs heavier than in his prime, while the latter is an enigma wrapped in a conundrum who when not busy showing up his teammates doesn't look like he gives a rats arse.
• He is 25 years old, and just entering his prime while the 2 guys above are clearly on the downside of their careers.
• On a broader scope this sends a message to the whole squad that the Chairman is willing to open the wallet, and hasn't thrown in the towel. Which has to be a major morale boost to the squad.
• While relegation is still looming at least we are bolstering the squad to put up a fight.
all good points, scj.
Kostas Mitroglou starts for our Under-21s against Aston Villa in today’s behind-closed-doors match at Bodymoor Heath (1pm).
Starting XI: Rodak; Donnelly, Buatu, Burgess, Richards; Roberts, Christensen, Della Verde, Plumain; Woodrow, Mitroglou. (Subs: Oberschmidt, Brister, Evans, Sambou and Hyndman.) #FFC #BU21PL
Scored a brace in a 5-3 win
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fo ... at-6700100
Of of the words I love that the British press uses is "niggling." You would never hear in the US that Tom Brady or Lebron James had a niggling injury.
That is because Lebron James suffers from nonexistent injuries . . . you know like the one that prevented him from showing up in the playoffs vs the Celtics.
Nice one Heather.
Came back from 3-2 down.
Which of them were from Kostas?
The first two. His second was
Fulham Football Club @FulhamFC 2m
Fulham U21s: Norman; Passley, Buatu, Briggs, Richards; Na Bangna, Tunnicliffe, Christensen, Cole; David; Mitroglou
Mitrogolou named in the U21 line up today. I am not certain, but I believe that rules him out for Saturday against WBA.
Tough to say, my guess would be it would depend on much of the match he plays. If he plays just a half, he would be fine for Saturday.
Some potential good news about Mitoglou.
By Jacob Murtagh
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/fo ... st-6721610
No help again this week. Pulled a hammy during the international break.
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... mitroglou/
The pile just keeps getting higher and fouler smelling.
When it rains, it pours....
http://www.footballdirectnews.com/premi ... misfit.php