Josh Hamilton of the Texas Rangers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SteveM19, Jun 1, 2008.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

2. psand22

psand22 Member

Great story on Hamilton. He's really made the most of his second chances. I was surprised to see the Reds trade him this off season, but they got great value for him in Volquez (SP) and they had Jay Bruce waiting in the wings to take over in center field. It's one of those trades that has been great for both teams.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

He was on the cover of SI this week, and deservingly so considereing his story and season thus far. The comparisons to Micky Mantle (ridiculous natural skills, poor choices, easily influenced by peers, addiction) are inevitable. Mantle found redemption late in his life, while Hamilton has found it early (just hope he keeps it going). To be out of the game for 3+ years, and then to comeback and dominate is amazing.

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Great article. I hope Josh and the Rangers do well this season. They are a long shot to win the West but I am pulling for them. I have an old friend from home that is a die hard Rangers fan. He wears his Rangers hat everywhere. Since I met him, around 1991, I have had a soft spot in my heart for the Rangers.