Johnny Haynes Dies

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by Tony_USA, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Tony_USA

Tony_USA New Member

The following link refers to Sky Sports message relating to Johnny Haynes' death.
    I had the very great pleasure of seeing Johnny play in the sixties, he will not be forgotten by the fulham faithful.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid ... home&f=dta

It's a sad day for all.

Tony

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I never was able to see the man play, but the stories about the way he played I have heard are unreal. It is definitely a sad day for all Fulham fans. Johnny will always be a legend in SW6.

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Now reports are saying he has not passed away, but he is in serious condition.

4. RDG

RDG Member

Johnny Haynes

RIP Maestro

:cry:

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

from the offish:
    Here is A google news search on JH that will return the latest news postings

6. LBNo11

LBNo11 Member

The Maestro...

...The man, the LEGEND, the man who embodied all that to me was Fulham FC has died. I am choked, never has any celebrities death affected me the same way as has Johnny's. The word legend is bandied about nowadays with free abandon, to players who are/were not fit to clean his boots. He was the reason my Dad first took me to Craven Cottage and resulted in my love affair with the club. He is now gone, and Fulham FC will never again be the same for me. A part of me has gone with his passing, and the Fulham of valiant heroes, and players worthy of the shirt too.

RIP Johnny Norman Haynes, 71 years and 1 day old. Knighthoods are not given posthumously, so you will never receive one; the only honour left is for Fulham FC, the inept, bumbling beauracratic boardroom to realise the affection we felt for this man and to bestow upon him the honour of naming one of the stands after him...

Thanks for the memories...... :cry:

7. rumstove

rumstove New Member

8. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Thank you Johnny

As a young boy I was fortunate enough to be able to say that I watched "The Maestro" play and there will NEVER be another. Fulham needs to reconise the fact that Johnny stayed loyal to Fulham he's ONLY Club for he's whole career and turned down many oppotunities to join other clubs. unlike the players of today Johnny wasn't out to make Big bucks.

When people talk about GREATS as with todays players they wouldn't be good enough to clean Johnny's boots.

THANK YOU Johnny your always be remembered.

COYW's

9. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Thank you Johnny

I never got to see the man play but in the day that I left for home, I heard more stories about the man and how great and loyal of the player he was.

Loyalty is the most important attribute in my eyes and Johnny stayed with our beloved club for his entire career, all while captaining England.

I never saw him play but I feel I never had to, in order to see what type of person he was.

COYW's

10. steeeeeeeeeed

steeeeeeeeeed New Member

RE: Thank you Johnny

http://tinyurl.com/9dqb6

^^^

please sign the petition... i think its a good idea for the club.

My Hero, and the best god-damn player to ever grace the black and white of a fulham shirt.

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

JH Pic on FUSA

I just came across this pic in the FUSA photo gallery that was submitted by a 'local' Fulham fan...her and Johnny:

[​IMG]