January 2010 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Oct 24, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I like this transfer period. I think it's one of our better -- on paper.

1. Shorey was on the periphery of the England setup when he signed with Villa, but his stock went downhill when O'Neil used midfielders in the FB positions. With South Africa in his headlights, he has a lot to prove, and he's got an extended run available in the first team with PK's injury and Kallio's loan to Sheffield United. Of all the positions in Roy's scheme, it seems to me that fullback is the one that is most like the similar position in most other schemes. Shorey could feature very soon.

2. A lot of people were complaining that Roy's "Italian connections" weren't getting us as much talent as were his Scandinavian connections. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the African Italian Brazilian Irishman O'kaka. I like the looks of this kid.

3. The young German we picked up has, at this point in his career, a higher upside than did Smalling when we signed him. Good investment for the future

4. The loans of Kallio, Kamara, Wayne Brown, and EJ don't bother me. We got Uwezu back from his one-month loan and that keeps us reasonably fit. Wayne's loan deal is only for a month. How many people didn't know Uwesu was loaned out until I just typed out he was back?

We went into this last week needing urgent help at striker and at fullback. We also had given up our best developmental player. Today we got a strike and a fullback and a young talent. And, yes, Shorey and Okaka are only on loan. And yes, we all love Kamara -- when he's fit and when he feels like playing. Since we've had him, I think that's been for about 12 matches out of 60-70. Tony Mowbray loves him. Let them be happy together.

2. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Well, I am at least one person here who will ACTIVELY be following his exploits, along with new striking partner,....ROBBIE MOTHERF'ER KEANE!!!

At least one team I support has been boldly making moves to right the ship in this transfer period. But then again, Mowbray was brickin' it after losing to Hibs and losing 2nd Place in the League with it. Hodgson's problems are not quite as difficult to correct. It's called getting healthy,....and then we're back in Top 10,....hopefully.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Well Don if they had been reading the loaner report they would have known that :D

Also, the young German has got a powerful left foot. I'm sure you're squealing in joy.

4. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

5. Bradical

Bradical Member

We arguably had the best deadline moves in the Prem, but the Kamara move I fear will come back to bite us. Yes, a financially saavy loan by Roy, but with the luck we've had with strikers this year, and with alot of matches yet to be played (continuance of Euro run implied), we're really just one injury away from wishing Kamara was available. Good luck Dio - I fully expect a flourish of goals just in time for a new deal w/ Celtic.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm sure you'll see a good return for Mowbray out of Kamara. There's only one other team in that league that is CCC quality. All the rest are L1 or L2 quality. Kamara should clean up there. I mean Georgi Samaras and Jan Vinegar of Humperdink scored goals in that league!

7. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Nothing if not predictable, that's our HatterDon.

8. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Yes Josh, time heals all wounds...and enough time has gone by to allow Shorey to don the White shirt of the mighty whites.

I still hate Reading.

I thank you.

9. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

As I used to follow Reading (as my 2nd club behind Fulham), I've got to say that the team that got to 8th their first season still has a strong showing in the Premier League
    - Shorey
    - Sidwell (Villa)
    - Hahneman (Wolves)
    - Doyle (Wolves)
    - Hunt (Hull City)
    - Sonko (Hull City)
    - Kitson (Stoke City)
    - Bikey (Burnley)

10. jmh

jmh New Member

I can't be the only one who thinks Kamara will get physically broken in half playing in the SPL, can I? :?:

11. Bradical

Bradical Member

Kamara and Celtic were shutout versus Kilmarnock today... with Kamara apparently taking corners?

12. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Yes, not probably what anyone had in mind, including ESPN, who broadcast the match.

13. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I was thinking the exact same... looks very nice on paper. Buchtmann apparently was considered by some to be Liverpool's best youth prospect. Rumors abound he and the coaching staff there didn't get along.

Shorey is good pick up. Okaka looks like the Italian Josmer Altidore. So... looks pretty good to me.

14. Bradical

Bradical Member

Because we like to track such things:

Kamara @ Celtic - 6 games - 2 goals, 3 assists - 0 injuries