January 2010 Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by FFC24, Oct 24, 2009.

1. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Cottagers agree Okaka loan

Sky Sports News understands that Fulham have reached agreement with Roma over striker Stefano Okaka.

The Cottagers look to have held off interest from several Serie A clubs to agree terms for the highly-rated striker.

Okaka is set to sign a six-month loan deal with an option to make the move permanent.

The 20-year-old is a graduate of the Roma youth system - but despite making his first-team debut in 2005, he has never been able to become a first-team regular.

He spent time on loan at Modena in 2008 and Brescia last year, and now looks set to for a move to Fulham.

Okaka and his agent are set to fly into England on Tuesday to complete the move.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

3. jmh

jmh New Member

4. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Can someone refresh my memory on which manager signed Seol?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

On SSN today, Roy made it sound as if the Okaka deal is gone. My interpretation was that either Okaka or his agent were dragging their heels for one reason or another. Roy said he was only interested in bringing players in who were excited to play for Fulham and wanted to contribute -- the implication being that Okaka didn't fill that bill.

We might just have dodged another Collins John here.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Sanchez

7. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I'm worried that Hodgson might actually like the options he has up front. Other than Zamora, everybody has been rather shit so I'm not sure what he's seeing in the likes of Nevland and AJ. And we're not even sure Zamora didn't just have one of his amazing runs like he did with West Ham. I hope we bring in somebody as we need goals and AJ and Nevland won't get it done.

8. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Arsenal are interested in Chris Smalling for around £7m.

Stefano Okaka deal has now went down the drain as he's injured.

First of all, Arsenal and the big four can fuck off. Fulham are not a minor league fucking club. I hope Roy tells them to stick that money up their ass. We have a bunch of really good young players coming through the reser e teams and stuff and we can't let the best player leave.

The Okaka deal is disappointing. I don't give a shit what Roy says, we need to panic and bring in a top quality forward. We have 2 useless forwards healthy and that's it. We already needed a forward before the Injuries to Zamora and Dempsey and now its become a must. I don't care if the player comes on loan or not, just sign somebody that can provide goals because we have nobody who can do so right now.

9. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Wouldn't do much to enhance his negotiating position to spaz out in the media and announce he's desperate (in a shit market at that). I wouldn't read much into his comments.

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I wouldn't either, Ag, but that's why neither your posts nor mine are half as entertaining as 24s. :lol:

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

We found out a player was injured before he got here? Yay our scouting staff is finally on the same page as our physical/training staff.

12. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

The newest transfer rumour is that we want Daniel Cousin. If this is true, I'm going to guess that we have almost no money to spend and are truly desperate to sign anybody? I'd rather suffer with AJ than bring in Cousin.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Cousin is bigger, stronger, and more capable of leading the line than AJ. We're also being linked with Beattie and Jason Roberts. I've been pitching Roberts on this site for so long I'm not going to comment about him any more for fear I'll hex it again.

14. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Weren't we linked to him last year or the year before that? I want to say we came very close to getting him, but some last minute snag and we had to wait past the deadline. Or am I thinking of someone else?

15. jmh

jmh New Member

No, you're thinking of the right guy. Two years ago in the January window, we had agreed to buy him from Rangers but it required special dispensation from FIFA because we would have been his third club that year (he had played a few minutes for Lens the previous summer before transferring to Rangers), and they didn't grant it. (Despite the fact that they had granted the same permission a year earlier for Javier Mascherano's transfer to Liverpool.)

16. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Cousin, Beattie, Roberts, regular grist for the rumour mill. Which should tell you something about their influence.

Pavyluchenko, now that would be an acquisition! And still don't know why we haven't gone harder for that guy who scores more goals than anyone in Europe from Red Bull Salzburg.

17. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Cause if a player costs more than $19.95 plus shipping and handling we're out of the market.

18. jmh

jmh New Member

Well now that's not entirely true. Roy has certainly spent more on transfers then he's taken in since he's been in charge. Bullard, Davis and Andreasen are the only players he's sold for a significant amount of money, and those three together didn't cover what he spent on Johnson, and on top of that he's spent not insignificant amounts money on Duff, Riise, Zamora, Paintsil, Stoor, Etuhu, Andreasen and Hangeland, in addition to smaller fees for EJ, Kallio, Stockdale, Smalling and Dikgacoi. Yes, we're not Man City spending 17 million pounds on Roque Santa Cruz so he can sit on the bench, but let's not pretend that Roy never gets to spend anything.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

2/3rds of the way through the transfer period, and we've signed nobody.

OTOH, that's pretty much the story for the majority of the teams in the Prem.

20. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Looks like Arsenal are making a move for Smalling. I hope Smalling realises who brought him this far and shows some loyalty to us.

We have been linked to a Spanish fullback Canella. Apparently as cover at LB. Wigan are also interested.