January 2009 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by RidgeRider, Sep 16, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

if it wasn't the money, he'd still be at Wigan, truth be told.

2. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I hope not. It's clearly a signing for the future - if he develops as a player, it'd be a bargain.

I'm reading from TIFF that the rumor is that Fulham's getting Delph from Leeds?

3. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I got a chimney pot from Leeds, it's very nice.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

5. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

So much for the whole he's a London boy stuff that was circulated around when we bought him. Hull is a long way from London!

Couple questions maybe somebody could answer?

-when was his contract with us up?

-he's signed for 45k a week, what was he on at Fulham?

You notice these stupid sky (and others) write ups always seem to lack these sort of details that would allow for someone to make up their mind one way or the other on these disputes. I know it can be easier said then done when trying to attain some of this information but these organizations do still employ journalists right? They need to do better!

6. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

These are semi-guesses based what I have read on here and other sources.

1) The end of 2009-10 season.

2) I thought I read that he doubled his wages.

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Thanks

If someone offered to double my wages I'd tell my employer to kiss my ass as well. A footballers shelf life isn't great, Jimmy's gotta make his money well he can.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Hey, if I was in his shoes, I'd reach for the brass ring too. The thing is, don't insult your old team's fans' intelligence and say it isn't about the money! Don't say "I just want to play for a team that wants me!" What a load of crap.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Steve, it IS a load of crap, but what's he going to say? "Hello Hull, I'm leaving Fulham and coming to you for the same reason I left Wigan and went to Fulham -- a long-term contract at a considerable wage. I didn't dislike Fulham, and I'm not nuts about moving north of Lapland for a team likely to disappear as quickly as it arrived, but I need the money, my wife needs the money, and my agent needs the money."

I mean, come on, Steve.

10. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

Good to see some of you working through your angst. I recognize this reaction, as it was mine (and I believe jensers) immediately after Bully signed to leave.

It won't be long before you realize the unproductiveness of focusing on Jimmy leaving. He's left. Fulham and/or Hodgson made a mistake. Time to move on and regroup IMMEDIATELY before we find ourselves in the thick of it again.

Unfortunately for Fulham, it will take more money to replace Jimmy than it would have to keep him. We don't splash the cash (which we have a history of not doing), we are in kind of BIG trouble.

11. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I beg to differ, especially in America when so many athletes have said this and it is such a load of crap. Whenever someone says it isn't about the scratch, it's always about the scratch. Just once, I want someone to go all Charles Barkley on us and not feed a line of BS. Bully, be honest and at the very least say, "Hey. I'm on the wrong side of 30 and my knees are uglier than Paul Scharner. This is probably my last contract. You'd do the same thing in my shoes". Don't take me for a fool and feed me a line Jim. I mean, we loved you and it'll all be water under the bridge soon, but come on now.

Rant over on the topic.

12. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

13. jmh

jmh New Member

14. bostoncottage

bostoncottage New Member

Bargain basement offer for Giovani Dos Santos? Spurs are looking to move him....

15. jmh

jmh New Member

That kid was one of Barcelona's best prospects not long ago and I thought at the time that he was a really good get for Spurs. I guess the peril of buying young players if you're the manager of Spurs lately is that you aren't likely to still be around once the player matures. Even at 19 I think he could bring some creativity and flair in attack though - it's an intriguing suggestion.

My biggest concern would be that he's been missing time lately with an ankle injury and so he might not be ready to step in and contribute right away.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

a few rumblings about Fulham universe concerning some late transfers happening. Evidently, we should have been introducing one about the time Jimmy was gaily waving his scarf up north, but it was screwed up.

I've heard about a midfielder plus a striker.

Mikey? any leaks for us?

17. LaxAttack

18. LaxAttack

One last thing on Bullard....this looks weird:

[​IMG]

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

this ain't NOBODY's avatar, I hope and pray.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

I think I saw something on TFI about a failed medical, maybe? That message board site design is so poor that I rarely go there, even though there's usually some decent information.