I've been here for a while, but I've never introduced myself

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by articbob, May 11, 2008.

1. articbob

articbob Member

I started following Fulham after the 2005 MLS All Star Game but I really did not become a fan until this year. Mcbride's injury, I was crushed but I continued to watch. While this season has been a tough one to swallow, it has given me a new appreciation for this game. The point that seal the deal was Bullard's goal against Aston Villa back in Feb. It was the most emotional goal that I have ever experienced. I found and joined this site within an hour of the match ending. I am still new to the scene. so I've been mostly an observer on forums and chatroom. But I have enjoyed every minute of this crazy ride.

In a few hours, Fulham will be playing for their premiership lives. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I haven't felt this way about a game since Oakland was in the Super Bowl in 2003. I have truly taken on this team as my own and regardless of what happens, I will support this team. My name is articbob and I am proud to be a Fulhamerican.

p.s. Does Fulham have a special poem or song that used for inspiration? Usually before a Raider game I would play this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XmiVYFueNvQ

I would like to start a tradition of something similar with Fulham.

p.p.s Even thought I joined the site in Feb, it's saying that I joined today. I guess they start it from the first post then. Anyway COYW!!!!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

glad to have you, articbob. Welcome to the insanity! Hope to see you in the chatroom in 90 minutes or so.

3. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Articbob. It's been awhile since I've heard the voice from those great NFL films (John Facenda could turn a phrase).

4. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Welcome Anticbob. That is the nicest introduction that I've seen on this site. Thanks for deciding to speak up on this momentous day. COME ON FULHAM!!!

5. EricD

EricD New Member

Why wait, this is a like a support group. We are all in the same boat.

I too am nervous, anxious, and excited about this and really bummed that I do not have Setanta. We cannot go down. We cannot go down.

I love that video. Thanks for posting. Great footage of some legendary Raiders. I am a die hard Raider fan. I will send the link to some other friends.
    "The autumn wind is a pirate."

6. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Hello Bob! Welcome to all that is FUSA!