It’s awfully quiet around here

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by astroevan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

One of the drawbacks of this pandemic is the lack of activity on these forums. I hope all of you are well.

I’m multitasking as a homeschool teacher and a try to work from home employee. My wife spent last week at work but we’re all home this week so I’ve had some relief. We also have had to handle the additional task of taking care of a random dog that wandered into our yard a week ago. I’m rather surprised that its owner hasn’t been found but, given the current state of the world, then again maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

Looking forward to business as usual again, whenever that may be.

BarryWhite, HatterDon and MicahMan like this.
  2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Thanks for checking in Evan! I was thinking I couldn't let things go a week without having SOMETHING posted. Your post was more interesting than what I was going to post in desperation tomorrow... Fulham lost £20 million last year, but at least it was half as much as the £45 million the year before! https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51991236

I've got the opposite problem here from you - my wife is an elementary reading teacher with no one to instruct. Both our boys are older and getting online instruction so she's going a little crazy looking for something to do. If that stray dog wandered by here she'd probably try to teach it to read. I work from home under normal circumstances so not much has changed - except that two young men home from school keep eating my lunch before I can get to it.

BarryWhite, astroevan and HatterDon like this.
  3. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I’m on my second day of working from home. Fewer interruptions but unfortunately the primary software applications I use don’t play well in a remote working environment.

5. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

@nevzter, I vote for number 5. Probably because anytime you hear that "YES!", it puts the goal in a whole new category.

@BarryWhite, I feel your pain. The university set me up with a laptop designed for students - a far cry from my desktop workstation with plenty of RAM, disk volume, the proper software installations, and two large monitors. Thankfully most of what I'm able to do from home are tasks performed on a server though.

nevzter, SoCalJoe and MicahMan like this.
  6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Dealing with the cancelled gigs fairly well. HatterMom is hoping to get a go ahead to work at home ASAP. There's all sorts of restrictions living in a retirement community in this situation, but I'm not worried about the possiblity of being sequestered in a 900 square foot apartment. I've been working from home since 1998. We know how to share focus.

nevzter likes this.
  7. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Didn't Styx sing about too much time on their hands? Not a compilation this time, but a great goal, as evidenced at 0:52 by the kiss on the cheek from Duff.

BarryWhite likes this.
  8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

reply 1 -- I still loves me some Simon Davies

reply 2 -- Wonder how many more goals Mitro could score if he had Danny bossing the midfield?

nevzter and BarryWhite like this.
  9. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I love me some Simon Davies too and approximately 82 million give or take for rounding errors.

HatterDon and nevzter like this.
  10. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

We're still kind of flushing things out at the NBC affiliate in Louisville. Spent the first two days working remotely...without a laptop. Interesting. Got one sometime during the third day, took a day and a half to get it working properly, all the while receiving assignments via every method known to man except carrier pigeon. It's been stressful, but it beats the alternatives. Spending my own money (for now) on stuff I should already have that would increase my safety and chances of avoiding the virus. Bought a new grill before all of this happened, so we've been using it a lot. Everybody stay healthy and safe.