Internationals, week of Feb 3

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by HatterDon, Feb 6, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, with no more Fulham representation in the African Cup of Nations, it's interesting to see that we still have plenty of players on international duty this week.

With a fervent prayer that all of them return healthy for the 'boro match, here's what we've got going this week:

Hangeland/Nevland (Wales v. Norway)
    Davies (Wales v. Norway)
    Andreasen (Slovenia v. Denmark)
    Boca/Deuce (USA v. Mexico)
    Hughes/Baird/Healy (NI v. Bulgaria)
    Seol (S. Korea v. Turkmenistan)
    Litmanen/Kallio (Greece v. Finland)

This doesn't account for Batista (Portugal) and the Euro U21 tourney, and young Matty Briggs who's in the England U-17 Squad.

So far, Korea has beaten Turkmenistan 4-0 and Seol scored twice! :shock: I guess the Korean coach disguised the goalmouth to make it look like a Turkmenistan midfielder!

Anyhow, any comments or results as the week goes on re-these matches, drop 'em here. Thanks

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Man.. I wish I cared that much. Or do I? I might not even watch USA /Mex.

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

"Ne bivaet nekrasivih zhenshin, bivaet malo vodki".
    There are no ugly women, there is lack of vodka.

Go Czech!!!

4. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Wow Seol scored twice versus Turkey...scratch that 2 versus Turkmenistan...Turkmenistan???

To be honest I wished Bradley hadn't called up Deuce, flying from London to Houston and back probably means he'll be rested for Boro.

5. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I think you meant he'll be exhausted, not rested. I'd be very surprised if we saw Boca or Deuce in against Boro.

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Oops, your right Nick poor choice of words. By rested, I meant benched for Boro.

7. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Ohhhhh I see what you meant...

8. jlough

jlough New Member

Only Soel, Boca and Dempsey have long trips, the rest have relatively close matches. We seem to have enough options in Defence, Midfield and Attack to cover for the losses now after the transfer window. I hate seeing Dempsey out of the lineup, but, while I love Fulham, beating Mexico is important. There are no friendlys with Mexico.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Looks like ChiToms Poland is having its way with PCB's Czech Republic.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I needed a good smile today. Thank you Don.

11. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

It was quite a sad showing by Jan, Tomas, and Company. Not looking good for Euro 2008.

12. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I was pleased with Poland's win today. In the past Poland has had a tendency to play poorly in such friendlies. Perhaps this win will give them a confidence boost. Poland could surprise a lot of nations this summer. Additionally, they might fall on their faces. I obviously hope it is the first one.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator