If we get relegated

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by tslyon, Apr 19, 2014.

1. tslyon

tslyon Member

So, it looks like we are going to spend next year in the Championship. With that being said, it will become almost impossible to catch any Fulham football on TV. Will you pick another team to cheat on Fulham with so that early weekend mornings still mean something? If so, who strikes your fancy.

I know, tough subject and I should be flogged for broaching it. I'll never give up on Fulham, I'm just looking at the realities of being in a long distance relationship.

Cheers,

Steve

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I think I will lose interest in the Premiership if we go down. I really don't care for any of the other teams. It's sort of the same for me with the Champions League, I really don't like the big clubs, so I mostly ignore it. Every once and while I'll watch a big match up and most likely the final, but otherwise...meh.

3. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

I will probably try to catch an Everton match here or there to watch Tim Howard play but I won't put an emphasis on getting up early to watch Premiership matches. I don't get BeIn so I am likely to follow Fulham on this website and from what I can get from the official website.

4. tslyon

tslyon Member

So, would you pick another European league or stick with MLS?

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I follow 4 soccer teams with a wide varying degree of interest. They are in order of interest:

1 Fulham/ USMNT (I'll include the women and youth teams when there is a big event going on too)
    3 DC United
    4 VfB Stuttgart

Every so often I'll watch a match that doesn't include the above teams and enjoy it. But I really don't actively go out of my watch another team that isn't on the list, so I'll stick with trying whatever way I can to follow the above teams and that will be that.

6. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I usually watch a couple of matches a weekend in addition to Fulham anyway. This year was my first playing fantasy football, so I picked matches that most impacted my team. As the season wore on I really enjoyed watching Southampton (for the first 2/3's of the year), Liverpool and Everton, so I've gravitated more to those teams.

I'm Fulham first and foremost, and if we go down, I'll do what I can to continue to follow the team and hope for a quick return to the top flight. I'll still watch other Premier League matches and follow the league though because I enjoy them. The longer we stay down, the greater the chances that I start following a second club. I know how I am and I'll want a rooting interest and to fill the time that I'll no longer be able to spend on Fulham. Hopefully there's some option that becomes available that enables us to follow Fulham in the Championship more than exists at present. If not, then hopefully the fantasy football stuff will keep me "loyal", but only time will tell. I don't think there's really anything wrong with football bigamy if you choose to go that route. I have no intentions of dropping Fulham though.

Hopefully we'll somehow beat the drop and this will be a non-issue.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I see you "Liked" beIN Sport on FB. I decided to do the same.

I'll continue to watch the Prem -- Liverpool, Everton, Stoke and anybody else who gets Americans in the squad. I'll also watch whatever Championship matches are available on beIN Sport. I watched a few this season and found the matches enjoyable. I'll watch any Fulham there is and, if there's no television, I'll be with GJ and in the chat room.

8. tslyon

tslyon Member

The satellite service I have in Canada (2 more yrs) has beIN as well. I'll probably be on the same program of catching a game here and there and see what happens...

9. tim

tim Active Member

It's easy to say now, but I have no intention of letting my fanship slip. I'll watch what few matches I can, listen live when I can, and will check results when I can't.

I certainly have no plans of adopting another Prem club. I'll probably still watch matches here and there, and I'll keep tabs on the league, but short of pulling for individual players (Americans, former Fulham players) and rooting against Chelsea, I don't think I'll care too much about results.

I will say this...if we do go down (and I'm still holding out hope we won't), this site will become more (not less) valuable to me. Not just to commiserate over the drop, but because I find this group to be a crucial source of information and insight on the club. With regular news/information more difficult to come by, I would rely on all of you even more so than I do now.

So here's my statement to all of you. I won't go anywhere. I hope you all stick around too.

10. tslyon

tslyon Member

:handgestures-thumbupleft:

Good on ya' Tim! I like your enthusiasm. Like I stated I won't give up on Fulham and I can't see myself picking up another team, I love BPL and watch it when I can. I too will become more dependent on the boards for info. I'll be here if it is still around.