Howard's form

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by jumpkutz, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

I'm putting this here because I know most of us are more concerned about his play for USMNT than the Toffees. There seems to be some question as to his effectiveness this season. One writer recently suggested he hasn't been as "Howard-esque," while another opines that Moyes should acquire a keeper this month to challenge him. I haven't seen much of Everton this season, so I was wondering if any of you all have and, if so, just what the hell are they talking about?

COYW! and COYY!

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

:dance: I've watched 2/3 or 3/4 of their matches this season. I think the problem is that Everton's defense is kind of erratic. Those who say that he's not the keeper he's been the last couple of seasons are right. I'm just not sure it's him. It is interesting, though, that two of Everton's back four have been selected for the first half "Best XI" -- Jagielka and Baines -- so maybe the problem IS Howard.

How's that for wishy-washy?

3. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Still shaky on long crosses/corners, but over all I believe he has done well.

4. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Everton are tied for 6th in GA with 38. Of the teams ahead of them, Arsenal has 2 games in hand and has conceded 35. So they could well be tied for 5th when the schedule balances out.

We're tied for 15th with 53, in case you were wondering.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm watching the Soton v. Everton match now, and Timmy is, once again, having a nervous time of it. I hope that JK is noticing the changes in form of Tim and Brad Guzan. If this trend continues, Brad should be the man in WC qualifying.

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

That's not encouraging news, Mr. HD. Guzan should, at a minimum, get some time in goal for a WCQ match as everybody has to pass the torch at some point. D'oh...

7. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Didn't see any of the match, but he did have the 'save of the match' on sky sports match report. Guzan is on his heels, but Timmy still has the edge for now.