Honduras v USA - WCQ 10-Oct-2009

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by andypalmer, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

But Micheletti wont apologize for the robbery that will take place on the pitch. Anyone want to bet?

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

I've looked for an online stream of the match and not surprisingly, I cant find any sources saying they will be carrying it. If anyone finds an online stream please post it.

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'll be forking out $15 to see it at an Irish Pub in downtown Baltimore. www.fifa.com does usually have a pretty good text commentary of WCQs and I'm assuming www.ussoccer.com will have one as well - I usually look at 2-3 at once to get a better "view" of the game.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Since it's closed circuit, the odds of online feeds being available will probably be slim and none.

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Only thing to do.......

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

South Africa here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

RE: Wahl / Banger

We're in, baby!!!

:) :) :)

Ahem. Sorry. I'm sitting home after having followed the WORST (read: constantly failing) Matchtracker coverage from several sources, and I had to find an outlet.

I hope to hell SOMEONE gets highlights on YouTube. If you'd told me at any time that Conor Freaking Casey was going to be huge in this game, I'd have had a hard, hard time taking you seriously.

8. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Wahl / Banger

I hear you Meggrs on every account (matchtracker and Casey). Absolute embarrassment this wasn't televised!! So Freakin' happy that the CR game isn't for all the marbles.

9. Meggrs

Meggrs New Member

RE: Re: RE: Wahl / Banger

I just caught a line on a news story that called the game "the most exciting end-to-end game the US has played in years."

Of COURSE it was!

I'm just thrilled by the result, but bummed not to have actually seen the US pull that off. I do have a theory that the games I don't see are the awesome ones, though, so I will go ahead and give myself credit for helping the team win by not going to the ONE English-language venue in the whole of NorCal to see the game. I sacrifice, they win.

Damn. If this keeps up. I'm gonna have to ban myself from WC games next year....

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

just following the unofficial FUSA rule that you don't change the title of a match thread. Otherwise, people might overlook it.

oh,

USA USA USA USA!

11. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

12. sullytex

sullytex Member

Great hustle by CC for the first goal, not pretty, but if he does not get there...no goal. The feed from Donovan to CC on the second was absolutely perfect and a calm cool finish by CC. Donovan's free kick...priceless. The consistency in Donovan's game, at least on the international stage, has grown immensely. When his game is on, the US is a totally different team.

Hell yeah! Great job!

13. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I fully expected us to lose or draw and leave clinching the WC spot to the last minute. Glad to see the guys wrap it up early and kudos to the oft maligned Connor Casey for scoring two goals, and with his feet no less.

Didn't catch the match, sounds like we were very up and down performance wise, but we got the result, are through to SA, and are the only team in CONCACAF to go into Honduras and come out with a win this tourney. :banana:

The irony is now Honduras is dependent upon our backups to beat Costa Rica for them to have a shot at automatic qualification. Given the Ticos' freefall down the stretch, that's quite a turn of events.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

there's about 2 minutes of highlights on ussoccer.com. For those of you new to the English game, Conor Casey's first goal is the textbook definition of how a traditional English centre-forward scores.

I'm hoping Clint won't feature tomorrow. Regardless of whether we qualify 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, we're going to get a sucky draw in South Africa.

15. Jensers

Jensers New Member

No chance of us getting a seeding huh?

I dont know - I am holding onto hope...

16. Jensers

Jensers New Member

BTW - I was at the Alumni game and when it was finished it was half in the US match. I was able to find 0-0 and we RUSHED back to our old coach's house and were desperately seeking out a matchtracker that would actually work, or even a video feed - and came up with NOTHING.

It was a very frustrating 45 minutes. Finally we found a blog of someone that was watching the match and heard 3-1. Then 3-2.... (oh crap)... Then the missed PK!

What a match to miss!

So happy we are thru - lets win our final match and give us the best chance of getting a seed. Also - lets get as many MLS players playing this winter/spring as possible.

COME ON MLS - Work of finding opportunities for these guys and be willing to let them go!!

17. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You know, I can understand exclusive live television rights, but shutting down ussoccer.com's SOCCERNET's and FIFA's matchtrackers is close to criminal. Somebody should raise a hell of a stink with US Soccer

18. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Were they shutoff or did they crash under the increased traffic? I imagine their hits were at all time highs during the match.

19. Jensers

Jensers New Member

It seemed to me they were crashing, but I have yet to find an article or explanation on any of the sites.

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Huh, so I guess Conor Casey isn't entirely useless after all.