Hillary to challenge Obama's Character

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by pettyfog, Dec 3, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

your wording is SO transparent, Don

'Rich White Lawyers'!!!!

2. pettyfog

And now, after the Iowa Dog and pony show, Edwards is back in it. And what a coup, Tim Robbins has endorsed him.
    I wondered about that before this afternoon but then I realized... Edwards is the closest thing we've got to Hugo Chavez. Says all the same things

Never fear, though. Hillary picked up an endorsement too... her mom.

Which brings up a point.. did we know her mom was still alive?

Here's what Mom had to say in the new campaign ad:
    Well, I agree with a point or two there, she definitely isnt envious of anyone else. She better than them... err.. that!

And she gets along so well with 'the little people' around her:

- Gateway Pundit: Countdown to Hillary Explozapalooza

3. chirobob

chirobob New Member

My sister's best friend was Obama'a book publicist. Apparently, she does not hold him in high esteem. After travelling around the country with Obama she decided to vote for Hillary.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

'fog. Sounds like Hillary has a mouth in Richard Nixon range. Was this supposed to make us go "why, goodness. I was going to vote for her, but now that I know she uses gutter language, well ... I swan?" Funny how all those quotes were so available.

You righties are so cute -- when you're panicking.

5. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

What was it about him that she did not like?

6. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Smokes fags and listens to rock?

7. pettyfog

These quotes are so available because NOW there's something to source from besides NPR and CNN. And I included them ONLY because of the 'richness in context' coupled with Mom's endorsement. They werent news, and I'm pretty sure even you have read about them before.

Who's panicking? I mean WHO IS IT THAT IS PANICKING???!!!!

1. 'now your view on those illegal driver licenses in NY'... Uh.. err....
    {re-triangulate}
    2. Obama was PLANNING TO BE PRESIDENT back in kindergarten!!!
    {FIRE someone!}

3. What ABOUT that coke-use?!!!
    {Someone Fired!}
    - After all we Repubs are too stupid to do our research....

I guess if chuckles and chortles are signs of panic.. then youre right. But even if we ignored the Dem campaigns there's still plenty of laff-fodder.

such as the Dem leaders of congress and that ever-shifting 'maginot line' of theirs.

But you aint gonna see ROFLMAO.. we got problems of our own.

And by the way, Don... is it the language or the attitude conveyed by the language?
    Hmm... OTOH... you know, that Nixonian reference aint half-bad!

8. pettyfog

I guess that will come out, later. It would be good if Hillary's bunch would find out rather than looking for coke-sniffing.

The MAIN criticism I've seen of him, on the RW blogs, is that in his first book he seems to obsess on and cling to a needed relationship with his biological father, who abandoned him and from all accounts NOT a nice guy. To the detriment of the mother and grandparents who loved him and saw he was raised so well.
    {added} And the relationship with his pastor and church: It's a mostly black, United Church of Christ congregation which focusses on the black community raising themselves up.. a good thing, but there are tinges there uncomfortably close to 'Black Separatism'
    Beside the United Church of Christ denomination itself which, as a whole, tends to blame whites and the US for all troubles in the world. And I know because I was raised in it and fell away in disgust when it changed focus.

9. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Perhaps I need more of an explanation on why this is a problem and how this translates into people not voting for him or disliking him.

10. pettyfog

It's not meant as a reason to vote against him, it's seen as illumination on what makes him tick... or how he views the world.
    IOW, he's wasnt RIPPED for that, it was meant to provide background snippet for character assessment.
    That's something we really need more of, and done in a dispassionate way. Not either cheerleading or trashing.
    There's, as usual, not a single candidate there who is without a serious flaw.. but we have to know more about those flaws and how that might affect us.

And BTW.. I see PLENTY in Huckabee, I mean SERIOUS ones that wont be seen by most in the MSM as 'Big Problems', but I see them as such.
    More later on that.

11. chirobob

chirobob New Member

He likes to show people within his entourage how powerful he is. He likes to use the group to put pressure on someone who he feels is not acting how he wants them to act. Sort of a cult like personality. Pretty much he's a d*ck.

12. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Ask your sister's best friend if she has ever been around any other politicians.

13. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Re: Hillary's Wheels Falling Off

lol

14. chirobob

chirobob New Member

She's been around many powerful people and is one of the more prominent publicists for a large publishing company. She says she has never been treated as unprofessionally as Barack treated her.