Hi from England

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Simon.Hubbard, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Simon.Hubbard

Simon.Hubbard New Member

Hi. I have just registered for the site, it looks good!

I have followed Fulham since I was 6 or 7 years old. We originally had family connections with the area.

Although my dad is a blue, he first took me to the Cottage in 1975, the same year as our 1 and only Cup Final visit to the great Wembley. Have got the video somewhere!

Seeing Mellor, Mullery, Moore, Barrett, Strong and the rest of the team, and that was it - hooked. A Black & White to the day I die.

So good luck to the site, keep spreading the good word about the most special place in the world!!

Simon

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

welcome, Simon....
    :)

3. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Simon,
    Welcome to FulhamUSA! Sorry to read about the divorce and all but I hope Fulham and Fulham fans can help you through this tough time. I am pleased you found the site and we hope that you enjoy it! I made my first trip to the Cottage last weekend for the Charlton match and it was unbelievable! I can;t wait to go back.

If you ever have any questions or concerns about the site, let myself or Mike know.

Cheers!
    ChicagoTom

4. Martin-in-Nashville

Martin-in-Nashville New Member

Hello Simon

You mentioned some old names there so I guess you maybe in the same age group as myself?...

You missed out those names like Busby,Matthewson,Brown,Went,Leggett,Macedo,Seymour,Fraser,Clarke and of Course I had the pleasure of watching the one and only...

Johnny Haynes.

I also remember taking my sisiter to her first Football Match against Santos and seeing the greatest of them all and there will never be another PELE.

It was a cold night we sat in the Eric Miller stand and she moaned all night how cold it was, I never noticed the cold because I was watching Pele. it was her first and last Fulham game!!!...

Martin

P.s I got divorced five years ago, and it was the best time of my life...Enjoy it before you take the plunge again?.. :)