Help Me Supergeek!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by HatterDon, Jan 17, 2008.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Okay, now I'm not going to go too deeply into the context here, but I have a question for those who know this kind of stuff about computers and websites.

I have this cursor that likes to travel on its own from time to time and, it just wandered up to the masthead of this website. Over by the left-hand side "3" the tip of the cursor gives me the word "basic." Okay. That's weird, but not nearly so weird as over on the other side of the banner. Just southeast of the map representation and southwest of the right-hand side "3" the tip of the coursor gives me the word "Sabadell."

I'd never heard or read this word before, but evidently Sabadell is a rather large city in Spain.

So, why am I getting this word? What's up? And where's the Fulham v. Arsenal [R] thread?

Cornfuzzled mind wants to know!

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hmm. Is your mouse on a completely flat surface or on a tilted surface? If it is tilted that may explain the wandering mouse cursor.

It looks like you have some sort of setting on to display the properties when the mouse runs over images. What web browser are you using?

3. jmh

jmh New Member

It's a little bit confusing why "Sabadell" would be the text description for the number "3".

4. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Re: RE: Help Me Supergeek!

Could be a font name?

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I don't have the courage to think about it yet. Maybe everyone else is thinking the same thing. :roll:

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Help Me Supergeek!

It certainly could be, but my hunch is that if that were the case then the white 3 would have the same description and it doesn't.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

well, I'm using IE4, and the descriptions occur on the white space NEAR the 3's.

Hope that helps clarify. And thanks for the conjectures. It is a puzzler, no?

BTW, I'm still getting the same boxes. :shock:

8. SamStej

SamStej New Member

I get sabadell as well

9. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

It's an HTML 'alternate wording' description of the image for the 'three'.

There's a couple uses for this... it often displays when the image itself wont load, or points to an image name for reference.

Why Sabadell? I dunno.. should be 'Earnhardt'

10. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

lol

Thanks for the research and the information. Let me check. Yep, still says "Sabadell."