Hello, hello

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by dcheather, Jul 29, 2005.

1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

DC United and Fulham supporter in the DC area. Followed the Fulham and FulhamUSA messageboards all last season, and finally decided to join up and log on...say, "hello," to my fellow FulhamUSAers(?) Are there any other DC United and Fulham people on here? -Heather

P.S. I am eager to hear the unbiased radio broadcasts of Gentleman Jim on Sat. Mornings. Does anyone know if he will have a broadcast on All-star game? It would be great to have to game on tv and Gentleman Jim do the commentary at the same time. :p

2. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Welcome. I don't believe Jim/Fulham is doing a broadcast for the All-Star game. You still have time though to make it to Columbus for the game!!!

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I wish I could go, but I went to the dc v. Chelski--so I can't afford to go to the All-Star game. Wish you guys the best and have a good time for me.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Well, we did Heather... and good to see you on here, despite your support of the UnScum.
    ;)

Please continue to participate, noting that we are the more realistic, yet optimistic of Fulhams results here and their chances on the season.

P.S:
    Please communbicate to all the DC fans and players possible that Crew is nothing but lucky since the change of managers and they neednt worry much about Crew beating them in the upcomings!

5. thistlecoach

thistlecoach New Member

Hello all!!! I hope those who had the pleasure of being in Columbus had as much fun as i had (even though the result was not what we had hoped for!!)...UP THE COTTAGERS!!!!

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Hello, hello

So, tell us about yourself, TC.

7. thistlecoach

thistlecoach New Member

RE: Re: RE: Hello, hello

Lifelong Fulham Supporter. Born and raised in London; Dad took me to my first game in 1972 vs. Hull City (we won 2-0!!). Went to the FA Cup Final with my Dad - funnily enough i met Peter Mellor in February at the NCAA Convention in Baltimore - very funny man!!

Moved to Mississauga, Ontario in 1991 (midlife crisis!!). Met my wife Judy in 1993 (we were both at the game in Columbus!!); two kids; a "C" Licence Soccer Coach whos heart will be always be black and white. Planning to go back at Xmas with the family to catch a couple of games. Great to meet so many people yesterday...oh and by the way...my 3 favourite cottagers of all time: 1. Gordon "Ivor" Davies 2. Roger Brown 3. Paul Parker.

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

DC Heather--there are a few of us in the DC area. Three of us were in Columbus: me, my wife Barb, and Johnny Cash (Jeff). We plan on getting together at Summers in Arlington when they're on the tube.

9. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I was at the Chelsea game as well...arguing with my dad the entire time. I think he decided to be a scum fan in the middle of the game after Duff's goal.

I'll be at my share of games at Summer's this season. Lucky Bar is fun too...but full of Arsenal fans.

Trying to get into DC United...but the MLS thing sucks to me

10. McBride'sHeader

McBride'sHeader New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Hello, hello

Word to that Johnny Fog

McBride's Header

11. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I understand the MLS sentiment, but the play has improved greatly since its inception. We just need the hardcore fans that you see all over the world, that would give it a better atmosphere and increase pay for the players--thus attracting more people to think about being becoming a soccer player in the States or attracting bigger names to MLS (not losing its better players to Europe--I know players want to test themselves against the best, but we need them to grow the game's popularity domestically). It certainly isn't the best league in the world by a long shot, but it has to start somewhere. I just wish people would cut it some slack and ESPN would give it better coverage. NO MORE ERIC WYNALDA!!!!! I you used to love him, but his gamecalling annoys me--that and all the promos. All I can say is that I hope you support DC or any other MLS team--it needs more passionate fans.

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

BTW, how many more posts do I need to become a Fulham Striker? :mrgreen:

13. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

I think Cookie would take you as a striker right now...just fly to london and he'll put you on the roster

14. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

yeah, the only thing holding me back is the work permit. :lol:

15. McBride'sHeader

McBride'sHeader New Member

First off, I think we should be thankful ESPN gives the MLS and soccer for that matter any TV time at all. Secondly, I have to crack up about the comment about players wanting to test themselves against the best - except for Landon (Rogaine) Donovan!!!

16. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hello, hello

Okay, everyone except Landycakes. I'm pleased that ESPN gives soccer some coverage (I said I wished they would give MLS better coverage), however they never cover it on sportscenter except on their highlight reel when someone scores an unbelievable goal or a goalkeeper makes an unbelievable save--and that's probably once a week when the Premiership starts. The coverage is just not enough to make any headway against the other big sports in this country. Right now they only give coverage to golf and baseball during the summer--that is depressing.

17. Jux

Jux New Member

'Nuff Said
    (although I think he must have blackmail pictures on someone at ESPN, because he is pretty much worthless)

18. Mr_Fish

Mr_Fish New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hello, hello

Hello! Mark from West Orange, NJ, here, and glad to be a part of Fulham USA. Figured it was time to get behind an EPL club that has great ambitions and two Yanks to boot!

19. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hello, hello

Welcome aboard mark! I am glad you picked Fulham to support! I am a bit nervous about the upcoming season, but I think we can survive and have a decent season.

20. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Hello, hello

I've been to RFK to see United about 5 times, my problem is that I seem to get stuck in the family section every time. i even was at the chelsea game and our tickets were in the middle of an U-11 girls soccer team....therefore I had to keep my Cole comments to myself.

I'd like to sit in Barra Brava or Screaming Eagles one day, but none of my friends in DC like soccer.