Hello from New York

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by michfan2123, Sep 22, 2007.

1. michfan2123

michfan2123 New Member

Fulham fan in New York City. I go to most Red Bull games but in Europe, Fulham is the team.

2. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Welcome michfan, what's your story? Why Fulham?

3. michfan2123

michfan2123 New Member

I just recently became a Fulham fan. I have followed the EPL for a few years but I could never choose a team. I love the US national team, there is nothing that I enjoy watching more. Before the season started I went on a quest to find a team and Fulham is the best choice. I love the Americans they have and I found out they have a good base in the US. McBride has always been one of my favorite American players.

I see there is a bunch of other NY Fulham fans, I don't think I can get into Nevada Smith's since I am only 16, eh.

4. RDG

RDG Member

I'll let you borrow my beard. It's got a bit of white in it, but should do the trick.

5. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

RE: Re: Hello from New York

Welcome Michfan...great choice you made and should be an interesting season!

6. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

OK, so its official. Operation "smuggle Michfan into a bar for a Fulham Game". Rudy, you provide the beard and sensible clothing (no baggy jeans showing ass crack or baseball caps on backwards) and I'll work on a fake ID. The ID is so that you can vote, of course. Oh, and make sure its democratic or Pettyfog won't talk to you.

Alternatively, if you have the permission of a guardian or parent or they are willing to come in with you, you can probably still get in. I have taken my 13 year old newphew and he was happyily sipping his cola watching us spank Man U 3-1 at Old Trafford. Happy days.

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

RE: Re: Hello from New York

It's not he's a Dem.. it's that he's a fan of the 'Team up North...

.. wait belay that. That doesnt matter anymore, either... we must pity the deprived.

NOW Toronto FC is 'That team up north'.

Yeah... that's it. No matter how bad the Crew is, there's always TFC.

8. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

Nevada Smiths << Red Lion!

Don't know about you guys, but I've been to Nevada's and Baker Street. For me the ONLY place to watch the EPL is the Red Lion on Bleecker and Thompson. I'll be there this Saturday at 9:00 AM getting "warmed up."

Matt

9. jmh

jmh New Member

RE: Nevada Smiths << Red Lion!

I'm a big fan of the Red Lion too, but the atmosphere at Nevada's is a lot of fun.

I've never been carded at Nevada's, but then, I was like 25 the first time I went there.

10. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

RE: Nevada Smiths << Red Lion!

Welcome!

We just need someone to pretend to be michfan's dad.