Hello from Minneapolis

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by regdunlop, Dec 22, 2006.

1. regdunlop

regdunlop New Member

Greetings, all. Glad to see the solid support.

I'm a 25-year fan of English football even though I'm an American boy from Minnesota. Played for almost 30 years now, and can't get enough of Fulham on my cable channel.

Cheers.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

cheers, reg... good to have you on board.

Click on the member map on the side and sign up for it.

3. DCDave

DCDave Member

Welcome to the group. Are you going to be able to watch the game against WH tomorrow morning?

4. GaryBarnettFanClub

GaryBarnettFanClub New Member

Hi regdunlop,

Which position do you play? And, why Fulham?

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You're in good company up there. We have some Twin Cities folks who can perhaps meet up with you. One of them, Spencer, is on his way to England to watch the boys LIVE, but I'm sure he'll be happy to get in contact with you. I also get up there almost every month on business. Perhaps we can score a pint some time.

Welcome aboard!

6. rumstove

rumstove New Member

Greetings reg!

I was just cruising around Burnsville on Wednesday.

Anyways...Hi and welcome.

7. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Welcome!

Another Minnesota member.

8. regdunlop

regdunlop New Member

Hi, everyone, and thanks for the replies. So sorry to be so delayed in getting back to you. Had a family issue to attend to and then couldn't locate my password until recently.

For those of you who asked why Fulham, well, my coach from my youth was a fan, and once got to take in a game at the Cottage. He talked so glowingly about Fulham and -- even moreso -- the ground that I became a casual fan. Though I've always followed English ball. Well, when McBride joined, that made me more than a casual fan, and I've followed as closely as a Minnesotan can.

As for my position, I'm a midfielder, though I play much more these days on 7 on 7s than 11v11.

Very cool to know there are others up in the Twin cities following the same club. If any of you want to meet up for a pint or two, preferably on match day, let me know. Just let me know the best way to get in contact.

Also, a note. I'll be in London in March, though the flight has not been booked just yet. Our plan is to get to the Aston Villa match at the Cottage. How cool is that?

9. regdunlop

regdunlop New Member

Re: RE: Hello from Minneapolis

Hey, pettyfog. Can you tell me how to sign up for that?

10. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

With almost all of FFC's matches on Sentanta for the next two months I'll be going to Minneapolis a lot to watch the games. I don't know just yet if I'll be able to go this Saturday but I've been going to the Local downtown to watch the Sentanta matches. The company of any Fulham fan would be great :D It gets pretty lonely watching some of those early morning games.