Hello from Downey, CA

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by Fern72, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Great site, glad to see so many people with great taste when it come to a football club :lol: . Hope to get to meet some of you some day.

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

welcome Fernando72. How long have you been a Fulham fan?

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

howdy, dude! Welcome aboard!

4. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Hiya, Fernando! I will be visiting my family in Pico Rivera around Christmas and will be looking for a place to watch a match or two while I am there :D. Any suggestions (possibly Whittier)? Maybe we can get together for a match...and maybe I can rouse a cousin or two (or five) to come with me ;)!

Welcome!
    Terri in ATL

5. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Welcome Fernando72. Hope you enjoy this vibrant Fulham site!

6. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome Fernando, nice to have another Southern Californian on board (there are a handful on the site). As soon as my daughter's season is over and my Saturdays are more open, we'll have to attempt to have a matchday get together. Unfortunately, the only place I know of that opens that early is all the way in Studio City (none that I know of in Whittier Terri, wish there was since I live 15 minutes away in Walnut). Maybe any of the other LA posters know of a place (edibella, Kansas, Laxattack, et al???)

7. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Thanks guy's and gal for the warm welcome. Clevelandmo, to answer your question, i have been a fan for about 10yrs now. Terri would love to watch a match with you and SoCal Joe, but like Joe said there is nowhere really to watch around these parts. If worse come to worse you are all welcomed to come over to my house. I have Fox Soccer Channel and Setanta sports which shows all the Premier league games. We can also make that trek to Studio City, which would be great to hang with other fans.

8. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

Welcome Fernando72, hope you enjoy the hospitality of all the folks here at Fulhamusa

9. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

I believe the Underground opens at 9am in Hermosa Beach...just a short jaunt out the 105 - closer than Studio City. Also, the Britannia Pub on Santa Monica Blvd., in Santa Monica opens fairly early.

Welcome aboard Fernando72!

10. EricD

EricD New Member

I am not aware of a specific place for FFC matches in the SoCal area other than my living room especially since I have a 4 month old son. I know there are a couple of Irish pubs in Newport and Costa Mesa that would have games on. I know my neighbor goes to the Harp Inn in Costa Mesa to catch rugby matches.

11. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Welcome to the site Fernando, very glad you found us...and I see you've already made a friend or two.

So why Fulham...and for 10 years eh?! That was only the start of the Al Fayed years. Exciting times....

12. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Why Fulham

I use to root for Man U, but there fans weren't too friendly. So i went on a quest to find a new team, ran into a Fulham fan; a trrue class act. The rest is history. It's been great for me, especially since Mc Bride and Dempsey joined. I almost fogot about Keller. I have a good feeling about this team.

13. ClevelandSimon

ClevelandSimon Member

Re: Why Fulham

I vote this for "Post of the day"!!! :D

14. RDG

RDG Member

Um, American Mike, does this sound at all familiar???
    :big grin:

15. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Yup Fernando, welcome to my story!

16. Fern72

Fern72 Member

I see a pattern here.