1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

The only thing wrong in Harry's world ... is his players having a drink during their off-duty hours.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 045213.stm

Nice to see he's taking a moral stand. Booze is, after all, much worse than making backhand deals with agents, walking out on your contract, or interfering with players under contract to another club. After all, your players having a drink in public reflects poorly on the great name of Tottenham Hotspur. Evidently, hiring an unscrupulous thug who is already under contract reinforces that same great name.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

heh.. cant argue that!
    Take the circumstance, and prohibit the circumstance.

What's next.... Two or more serious car crashes = Harry's Public Transport Rule?

Arthur Blank sees this and decides 'No Falcon Players will own dogs'

3. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Great rant!

It sounds like an answer to an SAT analogy question -- Don is to Harry Redknapp as Steve is to Newcastle.

4. pettyfog

[​IMG]

Cant
    be
    posted
    enuff

Caption Derby!!

"..While Sunderland exude a certain quiet confidence!"

5. Jensers

Jensers New Member

RE: Re: Harrybition

For someone who is quick to tell everyone that they should not believe everything they read you seem to have no problem swallowing the hook anytime a news agency has something to say about Harry.

Seems like I have said this several times, but Let me say it again - Ports let him go and agreed to the fee. Given their financial situation I am sure that they were pleased with the result - they got a chunk of change to keep things rolling thru the downturn - and as long as they stay up this season (Which looks likely), no harm done.

As to interfering with players under contract at another club, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. This is such standard practice by the big 4 that it is ridiculous to even bring it up.

On the corruption charges - he was cleared.
    http://www.soccernews.com/harry-redknap ... rges/7682/

Maybe you should ask the aliens on the UFO you keep spotting if they have any additional information.
    [​IMG]

6. pettyfog

RE: Re: Harrybition

Wow!! Feud-fight! {sic}

I like it!

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Steve's post is right on. I feel the same way about Warnock, as many of you know.

Jensers' post is what I'd expect from a Spurs fan.

Pettyfog's post is very entertaining.

This just in: Redknapp is a wide-boy thug.

8. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Just as Hatter's comments are what I would expect from a closet Arsenal supporter.

The thing I really dont like about Arsenal is how fashionable it is to support the Gooners in the states.

Take the average American adult who is involved with youth soccer: This person has typically never played the game, really does not know much about football, but generally has a genuine interest in being a help to their kids. Because of this - I am happy they are willing to give of their time, BUT -

What club do they support?

Arsenal.

Gack - I think I just threw up a little.

The easiest club to support if you know very little and believe the complete line bull shite about how Arsenal is some kind of holy grail of a club.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

pssst. This is a Fulham site.

I am not, nor have I ever been, a Gooner, although I do admire Wenger and the quality of play his sides put out there -- significantly more successful and more entertaining than anything else in North London recently. Having said that, if you believe that everyone who has the temerity to trash Harry is doing so because he/she loves Arsenal, then I think you've been inhaling too much when you visit Spurs sites.

Here's a question for you, should Fulham finish 7th and Spurs 8th will you feel happy or sad? Should Spurs finish 7th and Fulham 8th, will you be thrilled or gutted. Never mind; I know the answers.

10. Jensers

Jensers New Member

What is it with you asking questions and then saying you dont want an answer because you already know what it is.

Is this your new, 'I am a clever boy,' tactic?

Regardless:

Psssssst... You brought it up - I am not the one who started the thread.

As to me thinking everyone that has a problem with Harry is an Arsenal supporter - No... I just think YOU are a closet Arsenal supporter. I have this opinion because you have stated your man-crush for Wenger on multiple occasions - this thread being the most recent.

Wenger is a self righteousness twit, and his moaning is winning him nothing - and I love it.

By the way - I know you already know this... But I will be happy either way.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Naw, it's something I picked up from Pettyfog. Irritating, ain't it?

Listen, I don't care all that much about your guys' feelings of inadequacy when compared to your North London neighbors, and I admire how you guys managed to keep the faith when your management team sold off the best strike pair in the Prem, and then sold [or was that loaned] an England striker to Pompey. I visited WHL a couple of times in the early 70s. I enjoyed the humor evident in the chanting, I was treated well, it was a great place to watch a game, and the football on display left no doubt as to who was the most attractive side in North London.

But that was then, and for all their capital resources, Tottenham have been consistently underachieving for quite some time. I personally think it's because they can't think of themselves without thinking about Arsenal. But that's neither here nor there.

If you honestly believe that Arsenal football is unattractive and Wenger is a joke of a manager, then you don't know anything about football. I think you don't really believe it, but if you do, it's because you're speaking from the standpoint of a Spurs fan rather than a football fan. And that's fine. I enjoy watching Arsenal play, just as I've enjoyed watching West Brom play this year, but I don't root for them. Truth be told, there are only two teams other than Fulham who I like to see do well, and those are Everton and Aston Villa, two well-run, well-managed teams who play good football, but I'm not a supporter in, or out, of a closet.

As for Tottenham, when they were in the bottom three earlier this season, I said on here repeatedly that they wouldn't be relegated. I figured that even given the wholesale mismangement both in the boardroom and on the pitch, there was too much talent there for the team to go down. I'm glad their ship is righted. I think the Prem is better graced by the likes of Spurs and Newcastle than they are by Stoke and Hull. But in the larger sense, the job of the other 19 teams in the Prem is to give us a match 38 times a season. I don't really care who finishes where.

Okay for you?

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

I'm quite enjoying this....please continue. :D

13. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Really. Please, don't take it outside.

14. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

are you promoting my CD, Matt? :D

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Harry is an awesome manager - second only to Woy. Luckily, I'm a mercedes and diesel is just fine for me.

16. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Sure. Best case scenario, the vast resultant proceeds translate into free pints at some point. Worst, they pad your retirement fund enough that I don't see you with an open guitar case performing your minstrel stylings on the corner of 1604 and Bandera.

17. Jensers

Jensers New Member

It is a little irritating - yes!

Nah - I hear you:

Arsenal has played a good brand of football, but I do not feel like they are doing so now, and I do not believe they have for some time.

Yes - they have moments of brilliance, but so do most clubs. We have seen some lovely football from Fulham at times this season, but they are also able to grind out results and that is why they are so impressive.

Anyway - Wenger is is own worst enemy and I am not sure if he is going to be able to find his way out of the corner he has painted himself into. I hope he wont, but yes - that is a Spurs supporter speaking.

I am not saying Tottenham are the model club, or that Harry is the perfect manager... I would never claim the same about Fulham - even tho I have some warm feelings for Roy at the moment.

All this rational thought is going to kill this thread.