Greetings from the Ukraine!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by the2cougs, Jan 5, 2008.

1. the2cougs

the2cougs New Member

Dear Cottagers,

My husband and I have just returned from a glorious two week trip to England where we saw FFC at White Hart Lane on Boxing Day (5-1 Hotspurs, ugh) and again on New Year's Day at the Cottage for a better performance against Chelsea. After loitering around the stands for a good 15 minutes, we were able to meet Carlos Bocanegra when he came back out on the pitch for a cool down! He was very gracious and posed for a picture and signed my scarf. The whole experience at the Cottage was magical!

Thanks for the great way to keep in touch with other FFC fans online!

Talk to you soon! Come on Fulham!

The2Cougs (formerly of Seattle, WA and Washington State University)

2. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks for dropping in and telling us about your trip. I hope it's easy to follow Fulham from the Ukraine. COYW

Just wondering how you got tickets to Chelsea.

3. the2cougs

the2cougs New Member

We actually see a lot of matches on the two Russian sport channels we get here!

Would you believe we dropped by the ticket office at the Cottage on the 31st only to find two tickets had been released 10 minutes before! We paid 35 pounds each for tickets in the "Johnny Haynes" stands!

Take care and Happy New Year!

4. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Great stuff but unfortunate you had to sit through two losses but glad you enjoyed your experience at Craven Cottage. The place is magical.

Welcome to the site and keep in touch.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

and check out the FUSA map feature. It'd be great to see an FFC symbol in the Ukraine!

6. Fern72

Fern72 Member

Welcome, thats a great pic of yourself with Bocanegra. Thanks for sharing.

7. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Congrats on meeting Boca and thanks for sharing the story with us. Hope you enjoy FUSA.

8. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Welcome to both of you!

You now are the eastern-most participants on FUSA, to my recollection.

Could you -and Team of McBrides- be so kind as to click on 'My Account' and add your location to your User Info?

I'd suggest 'Ukraine via Seattle'

9. Kathy

Kathy New Member

My dream will be to go too!

Great pic and story.
    Hope we will be as lucky.
    My son's team is traveling to play in London and hope to get to the 3/1
    FFC v. MU game! Can't believe we get to finally cross the pond and see *CC* and Fulham in person! It will be so great. Do you have any tips re: pregame pub, how to get seating( tics are not on sale yet and just need 2).
    Thanks, Kathy

10. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

RE: My dream will be to go too!

welcome cougs. How's the Ukraine? I have a friend that used to live there. Do you follow Dynamo Kiev at all? I remember watching them years ago when they had a certain young Andrei Shevchenko. anyways, greetings to the site and we look forward to your insight on our beloved Cottagers

11. the2cougs

the2cougs New Member

HI Kathy, For tickets to big matches like the one you want to see, I would check two different on-line ticket brokers who have a huge mark up, but would guarantee you have tickets: The Ticket Bay or Ticket Broker. We bought tickets through both, but then got lucky at the Cottage ticket office and didn't use one set of tickets we had bought. You can try buying tickets through the ticket office, but a huge match like MU might be "members only". The match we saw started at 12:45 so we didn't do any prematch pub but there are a few on the way from the tube stop "Putney Bridge" to Craven Cottage. Good luck getting tickets! It should be a great trip! If I think of anything else I'll let you know!

12. the2cougs

the2cougs New Member

HI OMSDOG! Ukraine is very cold these days! Today was warmer though, only -7! It is hard to come back here after being in England, but school starts up again tomorrow so we'll be keeping busy. We do follow Dynamo Kiev, although this season has been disappointing. Saw the Champion's League matches including ManYoo ($20 most expensive ticket, thank you Ukraine!) , but all with sorry results. Enjoy the Ukraine national team matches with Sheva, Veronin, and Timachuck (sp?), but again, disappointing results! I wonder what your friend was doing living here? Thanks for the message! Have a good week!

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

KATHY!!!! Please pm American Mike before you lay out any money on game tickets. Mike is connected and LIVES to help out visitors. It's one of the great benefits of being a FulhAmerican!

14. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Thanks, 2cougs and HatterDon! You are awesome! Kathy

15. jlough

jlough New Member

Great story and isn't Craven Cottage a great place to watch a match. Welcome

16. Silas

Silas New Member

Neat story, and go Cougs! Big Basketball game vs. USC tonight I'll be rooting WSU on!