Greetings from Poland

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by PLFulham, Feb 4, 2005.

1. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Hello everyone, my name is Wojtek i come from Warsaw/Poland. Wish the best everone, hope you enjoy fulhamusa. Wish all the best FFC and look forward to see Fulham games in UEFA cup this year.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Wojtek, Dbory wieczor! Jak sie masz! Czy lubiesz Fulham? Bardzo lubiem Fulham. Moja dziewczyna jest polka. Ja bylem w Polsce w zeszlym roku w maju.

Uczen sie polskiego. Ja meszkam w Chicago.

Wojtek, vitam w FulhamUSA!

Sto lat!!!

ChicagoTom

3. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Hi Tom,
    Your Polish is perfect! I know it's not easy to learn so I'm glad you speak very well.. 8)
    Have you enjoyed Poland then?
    Pozdrow ode mnie swoja dziewczyne. Jak ma na imie? Skad pochodzi?
    Na pewno jest piekna. :)

Sto lat too!

Wojtek

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Ona jest najpiekniesza! One ma na imie Zaneta.

Okay, no more Polish. She is from Bielsko-Biala. When I went to Poland last year, I loved it. We were supposed to go back over Christmas, but it did not happen. It was a long story.

I was in Gdansk and Bielsko-Biala for two weeks. I can't wait to come back soon! Have you been to America before? There are a lot of Polish people here. I live in a heavily Polish neighborhood. In my apartment, more people speak Polish than English!!

How did you become a Fulham fan? I think it is great!

Cheers!
    ChicagoTom

5. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Say hello from me to Zaneta. Goralki sa najpiekniekniesze, to fakt. :)
    I'm glad you enjoyed Poland. Wish you return as soon as you want. I've been in New Orleans twice, many years ago. It was nice to see all this great old city then.
    Fulham and me it's a simple story. I've enjoyed FFC football since two years, I'm close since I met girl who live near Craven Cottage as well as some people who support the club. Then thoughts its true small club down the river with few great players and fans who really love team no matter if they win or lose.
    Really don't see people who link with monumental chelsea, which can only win.. Poor..
    How did you become a Fulham Fan?

Wojtek

6. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Re: RE: Greetings from Poland

Well, I do not really have a specific reason for following Fulham. I liked the fact that they were a small club and I liked the fact that they were based in London. I also liked the history of the club in being down in the third division and coming up through the divisions.

I know a lot of people who support Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal and frankly, I never thought much of the glory hunting that goes on with a lot of fans of those clubs. That is not to say these clubs do not have some nice fans, but I noticed a lot of bandwagoners and such.

Fulham just seemed to appeal to me a few years back and I have been with them ever since.

7. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Re: RE: Greetings from Poland

[/quote] I also liked the history of the club in being down in the third division and coming up through the divisions. [/quote]

Well, yes! That's great act and I like it. History of Craven Cottage is interesting too, I like 'old fasion' and 'soul' of that place if you know what I mean..
    There are a few great small clubs in lower leagues I like and wish them to go up. There are Forest Green Rovers, Dover Athletic and few more but specially Fisher Athletic. That' a small club from London with a field near the river too. I'm going to go there to visit in February or March.

Wojtek

8. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

RE: Re: RE: Greetings from Poland

Wojtk, I am going to Craven Cottage for the first time in early March for the Charlton match. I can't wait!

9. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

I don't know exactly date of my route to London, it could be on Feb or March it depends on my bussiness there. If there'll be Charlton match time I'll be on Cottage too. Im sure we can meet ourselves there.

10. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Wojtek,
    Let me know when you will be going to London. If our trips coincide, we will definitely have to meet up! Keep me posted on it.
    Cheers!

11. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Tom,
    That's great. We'll keep in touch.
    See ya!

12. tibbiefrank

tibbiefrank New Member

Hi! I'm Tibbie from Hungary. I'm dont speag good english. The one and only hungarian fan club; Cottagers Hungary.

13. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Hey, PLF, welcome!
    Is there a Polish players registry?

Whatever happened to Miroslaw Rzepa?

Robert Warzycha brought him in to try out with Columbus Crew a few years ago

14. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Hi Pettfog!

Miroslaw Rzepa has forced second league's Stomil Olsztyn after back from US. He played for them till last year. Don't know what's happened after that, he took part in some Stomil oldboys games last months so possibly his professional carreer is off.

15. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I will be trying to follow the Poland-Belarus friendly this afternoon. I think Poland will win. If you have any good info or updates on the PLF, let me know.
    Cheers!

16. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Hi Tom,

Bak (Lens) is injuried and that's only bad news. Except this there would be the strongest team there, starring Jerzy Dudek from Liverpool, Grzegorz Rasiak from Derby and Jacek Krzynowek from Leverkusen.
    2-0 is my vote. :)

17. tibbiefrank

tibbiefrank New Member

Does the polish Fan Club have a web site?

18. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I do not think there is a Polish fan club. If there is, it is an army of one featuring PLFulham. But, perhaps I am wrong.

PLF, do you have a Fulham Supporters' Club in Poland?

19. PLFulham

PLFulham New Member

Yep! It's me! 8)

20. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

Well, when I come to Poland in the next year or two, I will be part of the Group PLF! I will wear my shirt proudly around the country!