Green Street Hooligans

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by FulhamAg, Jan 12, 2010.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Airing tomorrow 1/13 on Encore Action at 8 pm EST/7 pm CST. I've never seen this one, but a friend had brought it to my attention that it was re-airing so I'm going to check it out. Thought I'd pass that info on.

I'm having a hard time picturing Frodo as a hooligan, but several people have insisted it's a good flick.

2. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Honestly, I did like this movie, while it isn't the next Oscar, it does show part of the game that for the Hammers still does exist.

3. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

I agree, it wasn't bad. It seemed like an honest display of that kind of life.
    Actually, Frodo wasn't half bad. The end was a bit cheesy...

4. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

They actually had a sequel. I only saw the first one, but GSH2 apparently follows the 2 gangs while in prison after the fight.

5. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I enjoyed the first one and am now reading a book by the guy that wrote that as well.

6. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I enjoyed it and now understand the casting of Elijah Wood. In context, it makes sense. The rhyming/Cockney slang bits were interesting.

Even had a Fulham mention (by the PA announcer giving the next 3 match fixtures).