Great to be Back!

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by SCFulhamFan, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Thank you to all the help behind the scenes to get FUSA back up and running!!!

It's great to be home.

2. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Woo hoo back online! :banana-dance:

3. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You telling me.

We're also working out the kinks for procedures to minimize downtime in the future. Sites get knocked down from time to time, so I can't guarantee the site being up 100% of the time. But we are working things out to make sure we're not offline for such extended periods of time again. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Just hope we get back on Google soon.

4. BarryWhite

BarryWhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the work to get the site back up!

5. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Oh FulhamUSA I have missed you.

Thanks for everything Heather.

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

So great to be back. Thanks for everything you did, Senator.

Next? Activate the Facebook page!!!!!!

7. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Hehe. Yeah, that would be good to have operating in case of an emergency. I'll see if we can get it working.

Created a fulhamusa google+ page just a moment ago for all those google+ users. Will need some artwork for the page, any volunteers? MisterF?

8. dtowndough

dtowndough Active Member

Thanks Heather for getting it back. I immediately went into panic mode and was pestering Don about it.

9. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

:banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:

Yay! Great job to all who got us back up and running!

10. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Aaaaaaahhhhh. Yeah!

Thank you!!!

Reunited and it feels so good ...

11. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

I echo all of the above. Thanks Heather, and everyone else involved.

What the heck is Google+?

12. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sort of like Facebook, but a little better IMO. But nobody uses it because they're already used to the ins and outs of Facebook.

But can someone tell me how foursquare works? I'm kinda getting it, but do I get some kind of special deals for telling all my friends where I like to eat and shop? That's the important question.

13. stlouisbrad

stlouisbrad Well-Known Member

Good to see this back up and running. I don't get around to posting much, but I do read it whenever I find the time.

14. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

And how 'bout them Redbirds!

15. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Thanks Heather for your unwavering dedication to the cause :bow-yellow:

16. RIcottager

RIcottager New Member

Thanks Heather and everybody for getting us back up and running! I didn't want to lose my new favorite site after just coming on board!

17. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Thanks RI and everybody else...I'm quite fond of this site as well. It means quite a bit to me as a Fulham Supporter and soccer fan in general. Just being a regular poster here many years ago, this site pretty much cemented my love for the club and US teams. And I don't want to see FUSA go anytime soon.

18. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Do you know what happened that can be prevented next time? I don't know how these things work per se, but are we backing up enough or do we have a place to back up to? Is our name making us a target or are we just easy pickings for derilect aspiring hackers?

Regardless, I share your feelings for the site. I was gutted when Don first told me it was down and there was a good chance it wouldn't come back. We've got a nice little community here. I'm just glad you feel so strongly about it to put in the effort to bring it back from the dead....again. You're like a little FUSA defibrillator. :)

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

FUSA defibrillator... :lol: ! I like that. Yeah, my initial reaction to the site being down again was not a good one, and when Don emailed me asking about the site I was still in that mood. I really couldn't understand why it was down at first, and if all was gone I wasn't sure I really could put the effort in to build over especially with another big project for me on the way. But then I remembered that I saved all the site files and I do regular scheduled back-ups of the forum in case of an emergency, so it wasn't going to a huge loss if it was indeed hacked. I just needed to get bottom of why it went down. That reason has been fixed, and we're working behind the scenes to make sure the site has minimal downtime in the future.

20. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Thanks to all for getting the site back running, the doom and gloom part of me thought this might have been the end. Really appreciate the email informing me it was back.