Get Joe Posnanski to be a Fulham Fan

Discussion in 'FulhamUSA Introductions and Announcements' started by DCDave, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

Here is what someone named Mal Stuart posted on Joe's blog about Fulham. There is stuff in there that I bet no one here knew. Let me know if I'm wrong.

2. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As of this writing Fulham is TOP OF THE TABLE!!! Hey, how often can you say that. -- right now it's 418 votes to the Ws, Arsenal is next at 160.

Come on Joe!! From one Clevelander to another!

3. Clevelandmo

Steve, I hope you read Joe's blog today. It had nothing to do with soccer or Fulham but he talked about Springsteen and is obviously a fan.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

A Clevelander? Future Fulham fan? AND a Springsteen nut? Joe, you had me at hello!

5. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Some interesting notes from his blog:

The Celtic version of “You’ll Never Walk Alone” makes the Liverpool one sound like Roseanne Barr singing your National Anthem!
    :lol: :lol:

I’d make the pitch for my team, Reading, but since they’ve just been relegated, I can’t really imagine that now is the time to be picking up bandwagon fans.

Better you than us, hero.

I went with Newcastle because of the beer.

This argument amazes me, because I've heard it a number of times. Overpriced dishwater makes you a fan of their team? What a load of garbage, and crappy beer. I can hear what passes for the braintrust at Newcastle Ale. "Hey, let's market our beer alongside the biggest bunch of hysterical crybabies in all of Europe! We'll be sure to pick up the most addled of their fans as permanent customers of our fine swill. Should that be seven or eight dollars a six-pack? Bollocks, why not nine? These wankers will never know the difference!"

(I've never said the words "bollocks" or "wanker" before in my life.)

better off supporting a small London club like Fulham or Chelsea.

:shock: ?? 1 out of 2 ain't bad, I guess.

Yam Yam’s of Wolverhampton Wanderers. You can buy a bright orange game shirt, a decent pie, sing a few songs about Stevie Bull being a tatter (a what?)

Could someone from England translate this for me please?

Boro are awful. They’re boring, they never score, and their ambitions consist of… well nothing.

Couldn't have said it better myself -- hope Joe realizes the error of his thinking on that point, even if he does not choose the Ws

Quick note that Man City only just pipped Fulham for the Fair Play position, this’ll be Fulham’s 8th consecutive Premiership season, and this year we’ll win the the thing!

Ok, maybe not

Couldn't have said it better myself.

We won’t go down next year, cosmopolitan Roy Hodgson will see to that. Do the right thing: Fulham for Posnanski!

Amen on both points!

6. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Any updates on this guy?

7. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

As of yesterday, 'fraid not -- I check him out every couple of days, but I haven't seen any soccer posts yet.

8. Clevelandmo

I check his blog often and havent seen him announce his choice. I was planning to send him a reminder once the start of the season got closer. He seems like a good guy, I enjoy his writing.

9. DCDave

DCDave Member

Joe Picks Fulham

From today's entry at http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2008/07/17/tidbits/

"I obviously have a much bigger post coming on this but since several of you keep asking … yes, I have chosen the official international soccer team for this blog. I feel a little bit like the president of the IOC about to announce where the 2016 Olympics will be … only not, really.

Anyway. the official soccer team is … Fulham FC. Let the celebrating begin in southwest London. But please, please, please, no overturning cars. Let’s celebrate responsibly."

----------------------------------------

I posted a response on his message board:

"Joe, thanks for choosing Fulham. You’ll have a lot of fun getting to know the EPL and Fulham. I know when I became a fan five years ago, it also gave me a different and more open perspective on American sports.

If you get a chance, stop by http://www.fulhamusa.com and meet some fellow Fulham fans. (You’ll even see a thread on the message board with your name on it.) It’s a friendly, thoughtful bunch who will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Go Fulham."

10. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

AND THERE WAS MUCH REJOICING!!!

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

WooooHoooooo! This is a little like winning a Cup .... OK maybe a derby .... well its at least better than kissing your sister!

I will celebrate responsibly by lifting a mug to Mr. Posnanski. The rest of the irresponsible mug lifting that occurs after the first mug will have nothing to do new Fulham fan celebrrations.

12. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

JP, welcome.
    Best decision of your life.
    OK, maybe 7th or 8th...
    MK :banana:

13. Old_Bugger

Old_Bugger New Member

don't know much about the guy,but he's one of us now-get in!!

14. Clevelandmo

I cant believe that I missed this! Way to go Joe. I've been reading your blog and knew you had it in ya.

15. DCDave

DCDave Member

Don't worry Mo, it was buried in the middle of a posting called, as I recall, "Tidbits", and not linked to soccer.

He has promised a longer column devoted to Fulham and his decision.

16. Clevelandmo

Just bumping this up to make sure MIke see's it ASAP

17. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Just noticed this thread (I was in summer FulhamUSA hibernation)...RAD!

Welcome, Joe...wherever you are! Can't wait to read your blogs...

FTID!
    Terri

18. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Just gettting caught up on all the news and nice to see Joe P has choosen wisely...that or he has masochistic tendencies like the rest of us.

19. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

SCJ; let's hope he can play CB and is tall enough for T_of_McB :wink:

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Still no longer article from Joe about why he picked Fulham - about what I'd expect given that he's still in China covering the Olympics.