Galaxy rumors

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by pettyfog, Aug 24, 2007.

1. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

...are rife, as might be expected. Take them one at a time, would be my advice.

1. Yallop asked to resign after Colorado game
    - would be like shooting a horse to put him out of his misery after his owner injures him

2. If things dont pick up afterwards, Lalas out.
    - how about we put the cart before the horse, in this case.. get it?

3. Klinsmann in.
    - speaks for itself. I'd prefer as GM, though.. or both.

You can check those out on the Gals BS forum

2. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

Could care less about the first two, but the last one is worth some contemplation. Klinsmann and Backham together? Intriguing. Of course players will need to be sold and bought also.

As was said, Beckham, Xavier, Pavon, and Cakes are all worthy of keeping. The rest? Not so much.

3. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

I'm not sure I'd be happy with Lalas getting the boot. At least he has enthusiasm for the sport and knows pretty well the inner workings of things.

He reminds me of the act before the star who has to stall because the star is throwing up. He just seems to be stalling.

4. pettyfog

Come on, QD!

What has he ever done besides be a mouthpiece? you dont seriously think he had anything to do with getting Beckham in do you?

That was an AEG/MLS/SUM deal... Much too high level for him to have a chance to muck up.

5. pettyfog

Of course, rumors are rumors..
    This is a classic beatdown to another current rumor:

6. sublicon

sublicon New Member

Re: RE: Galaxy rumors

ust curious, do you know anything about any of the other players on the Galaxy? Is that why you just listed all the high-profile guys?

7. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Galaxy rumors

Not really. Should I?

In all seriousness, I've watched at least 3 or 4 Galaxy matches since the Becks has had the possibility of playing. Except for those cats, I am not impressed.

I am VERY impressed with Xavier. He and Beckham are the two best, hands down.

8. pettyfog

I know something about Martino.. we got NGwenya for him. 'nuff said?

And I'll take the final result.. Alej Moreno over MArtino anyday.

9. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Cannon is a solid keeper. Chris Albright is solid and is out injured, as are Ante Jazic and Troy Roberts.

The Galaxy could use a target forward and to swap out 4-5 players. Other than that, they just need to get healthy.

Of course, if I had my druthers, they'd get rid of that silly salary cap/league ownership thing. It's time has passed.