FUSA'ers Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by SoCalJoe, Dec 12, 2008.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

HD, the winner of the Gator-Sooner game will be holding up the crystal football after the game, and get the visit to the White House later this year. However, as Bradical pointed out the AP (whom I trust a helluva lot more than the computers) does crown their own. Generally it's the same team, but there have been a few co-champions over the years. Not that I think it will be this time, but just that those 4 teams should be getting ready to play each other and figure it out on the field.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Well, I've waited a few days to say this, but we've had dozens of posts on this thread about dozens of bowl games. We've talked about the Big 10 getting shut out, and the PAC10 being underrated AGAIN. I've even lost a beer to dtwondough OVER THE SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI-TROY game. But here we are four days after the "biggest game of the year" and there's not a single post.

Certainly this isn't the only thread in the world where this is so, and I know for a fact that Oklahoma and Florida fans are absolutely mental about their teams. Could it be that, unless you're a Sooner or a Gator, the "national championship game" just didn't mean shit?

3. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Or didn't merit discussion since I don't remember anyone from FUSA having a horse in that race.

How much did you guys discuss the scum's EPL titles? Other than to groan, that is.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

point made, Ag; but if it comes down this season to a choice of Liverpool or Chelsea, expect there to be a post or two about it on this site.

And surely the whole idea of the BCS championship game was to give fans of college football something to go crazy over collectively. I know I watch the Superbowl, and I even still watch the World Series even though my team only made it there once.

Just observin' not hatin'

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

No, I got your point. Personally speaking, my interest in that game ended with the final whistle. I tired of arguing who "should" have been in the MNC game years ago. Would be better if the title game were more definitive (playoff) but still waiting for the Era of Change to begin on 1/20/09 for that to happen. :roll:

Maybe he can reach out and fix Fulham's pitch too.

6. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I think everyone who actually LOOKS at the season and the interconference records along with post season successes will admit the Utah is the virtual National Champion.

Good for them and the Mountain West, bad for the 'Big Boys'.

Some sport wonk on local radio put it best.... Everyone wants a playoff but isnt that how the NCAA tournament got its start? Now look, the college Basketball SEASON doesnt mean crap as far as the individual games go.

OTOH, that might be a GOOD thing... How else to explain the bad habits Ohio State playcalling has fostered. I watched that game and I wanted to grab Tressel's vest and shake him. Take some fre4akin CHANCES!