FUSA annual gaffer sacking pool.

Discussion in 'Prem talk, Those Other Leagues, and International' started by SoCalJoe, Sep 22, 2009.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

So Coyle to Bolton is done. A lot will hinge on who Burnley gets to manage the club, but makes you wonder who stays up in this move.

I've got to think Burnley are in trouble and Bolton will just escape.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

3. WhitesBhoy

WhitesBhoy Active Member

....and go work on your garden, whilst working on your tan.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Seems every club that sacks the manager is instantly linked to Curbishley by the BBC.

5. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

For the love of old NBA coach Gene Shue (aka Mr. Retread), isn't there any other manager candidates? I know it's probably too late to put the team in the hands of manager w/little top flight experience, but Megson, Curbishley?? Sorry Jozy, but I hope they get relegated.

6. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Couldn't get Hughes or Grant so they went for Dowie!?!?

7. NewYorkCottagerAbroad

NewYorkCottagerAbroad New Member

Who do you reckon is next?

My money (if I were a betting man, that is) would be on Zola. Unless West Ham have a miraculous next 4 weeks, I think he is out.

8. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I would guess Zola to stay until the summer, when he will be sent on his way, but yes, he's the most likely to go beforehand.

Kind of funny how Burnley looked to the mighty Brian Laws to lead them out of relegation -- he should be the next to go. He ain't exactly Shankly reincarnated.

9. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Andy, there was a discussion about this on SSN while they were still searching. Hull specifically wanted someone to manage the rest of this season. They have two separate plans -- one if they keep their status and the other if they're relegated. Each of the plans calls for a different type of manager, so they didn't want to hire a guy long term and then be stuck with him if the opposite situation arose.

Under these circumstances, Dowie makes sense.

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I think Dowie may now be the next manager sacked after Hull managed to lose after holding a 2-1 lead at about th 84 minute mark.

11. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Per Soccernet, Zola has been given 2 games. Unfortunate; I like him and the style he brings to the game.

12. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

me too -- which is amazing since he manages The Cheats and he used to play for The Undead. I think he's a real bloke and is a credit to the Prem.

13. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

I could see McCarthy at Wolves giving him a run for it if they get on the wrong end of the next few results. Especially if Burnley or Hull can string together a win or two.