Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Just read on T-F-I that Diop could be heading to spurs in a deal involving Routledge. I really hope this isn't true. We don't have enough damn Defensive mids as it is we don't need to lose our best defensive midfielder. Volz is not happy playing there and Brown gives his all every game, but has nowhere near the talent that Diop and he certainly doesn't scare teams like Diop. Also read something about Hyypia is we can't get Ufalusi. I will fly to Fiorentine myself and demand the Viola sell him if that meant we wouldn't be signing Hyypia. Hyypia is absolute rubbish now. To make my point I suggest you watch the Arsenal games this season. They have scored 12 goals in 3 games against Liverpool thanks to this player. Please we don't need him I would rather have Titus Bramble. Hyypia had a good career, but now he isn't Premiership quality.

2. DCDave

DCDave Member

Diop is hurt all of time and has not been a top player for us since he went to the African Nations Cup last winter. Two years ago, I'd agreed with you but not now.

Note that the moves in the last six months have focused on getting rid of flashy "skill" players who have stopped showing us their skill consistently and are often hurt (Steed, Boa, and now hopefully PBD). I'd rather have less "skilled" players who play hard every match and can be depended on. I think that's one reason we've been such "overachievers" this season (compared to the pundits view of us).

3. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

There is alot of transfer news. According to the BBC we have had a bid rejected form Hearts for Craig Gordon and the bid was around 2.5M. I really hope we keep our interest and raise the bid although their owner said that bid was below their valuation of Gordon. Scotland players usually go on the cheap so this is kindof a surprise that they would reject that kind of money.

We are also supposedly interested in Robert Green from West Ham. With all these keepers being linked I suppose that means we will not be signing Lastuvka on a permanent deal. I like both Green and Gordon and wouldn't really care who we get.

In other news CC still wants Routledge and Smeritin and we are being linked with Danny Webber. It looks as though CC is really trying his best to improve our team and I hope we can land at least a couple of these players.

4. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

Fellow came on T-F-I and said he had inside Info that Birm'm City's Matthew Upson was coming in.

Since his club turned down 4M offer from West Ham, then CC must be serious or desperate or both...
    We'll see... but the post had the ring of truth to it. Like guy finds out a secret and cant wait to tell someone.

5. christopher

christopher New Member

Everything being Fulamish, who knows what the club will do or bring in. It seems to happen everytime the window opens. Or maybe it's just because I'm on the wrong side of the pond. Never in a million years did I see Montella joining. Christ, maybe a bid for Bent is in the works...

6. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

Well:
    Fulham boss Chris Coleman has hinted he could offload Papa Bouba Diop.

Transfer window special - click here

The powerful midfielder has been strongly linked with a switch to Premiership rivals Wigan in this month's transfer window.

Diop has seen his season blighted with injuries and he has started only 11 games this term.

Coleman is losing patience with Diop's fitness and has suggested he is ready to listen to offers for the Senegal international.

"What we have to do is get him fit so he is available for us," said Coleman.

"If he is not available for us, then he will have to be available for someone else.

"We know Bouba is a good player. But he is no good to us if he is injured and he has been injured too much."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... &channel=&

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

I learned a lot about managing from Jim Leyland last year. One thing he does is that he ignores injured players. Not out of spite or motivatino or anything like that. It's just that if they're hurt, they can't help, and so why worry/think/talk about them. It also takes away excuses for losing.

CC has been the same way with many of our injuries. He doesn't focus on them--he focuses on who is there. That is one thing I like about him.

8. martin

martin New Member

Seems like a bad time to sell Diop. With all his injuries and lack of playing time, his value is probably as low now as it has ever been. Let him get healthy and prove his worth in the second half of the season. Then either keep him or sell him in the summer when his value is, hopefully, higher.

9. DCDave

DCDave Member

Good point Martin. My only reservation is that getting rid of players like him seems to be helping the club, but if we can get more money in the summer, go for it.

Also, the money for LBM seems to be available to CC, but I doubt if the money from a PBD sale could be put to good use. Since I don't see anybody big we'd be selling in the summer, if we wait until then, maybe we could use the proccess to the best advantage.

10. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

I would have liked to sell Diop rather then Boa but now that Boa is gone I'd rather keep Diop.

I'm not into this signing of another GK, the central defense is where the problems lie. Nemi has another two years in him and Warner provides good back-up. Beyond that we've got Bastia out on loan, who if I recall correctly saved three penalties in a League Cup game earlier this year. I don't see another GK as a good investment, certainly not in the area of 2.5 million pounds.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

I'm not sure how confident we are in Niemi's ability to stay healthy, though.

12. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I'm locking this as I think it's run its course.... still use it for reference, obviously