Fulham's Winter Window: Guess who's in or out..

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by pettyfog, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

From another thread.

2. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

3. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I just saw the John thing.... Cant believe the moaning on TFI, Thought those guys knew their footy!

Ah, well in two days they will ALL be saying it's a good deal

4. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

I am way out of the loop right now. So much information all at once about the Cottagers. In a nutshell, in terms of comings and goings, rumours, etc, what have I missed while in Poland?

5. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

You missed a bit.

Oguchi Onyewu, was at the club yesterday for talks and even had a medical. Standard Leige reject the transfer fee. Fulham are increasing their offer. Might hear something next week. From t-f-i.com, probably by Tuesday.

Clint Dempsey, just needs an okay from the Home Office and paper work finalized and he's ours.

Montella, is now a Black and White until this summer.

Collins John is on his way out, presumably to Watford.

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Oh, and we're rumored to be going after Danny Murphy and Freddy Eastwood. And Niclas Jensen will probably be leaving and there seems to be a push for Volz (which I don't really see happening- *knocking on wood*)

7. DCDave

DCDave Member

Tom, in a nutshell: everybody is coming to Fulham and everybody is leaving Fulham.

Seriously, the big news is that we have may have 4 Americans on the squad soon with the probably addition of Dempsey and the hope of adding Gooch.

The craziest rumour I've heard: On TFI, somebody said Beckham could be coming to Fulham in part because MAF is friends with him and his wife. (Don't count on it.)

Here's a posting from Steve B on TFI (reliable source) from this AM:

I am sure some of the papers will be carrying 'my' stories today and tomorrow but I will give you what I know.

Montella........I said the deal was done earlier in the week and that is certainly the case. However, under the rules of the Italian FA no deals can be signed or announced ( supposedly ) before Jan 4th. 'Monty' is due to fly into London today and a loan deal until the end of the season should be announced later today.

Diarra.......Jose has told the 3 clubs that have all asked about him ( us, Wet Spam and Charlton ), amongst others, that he will showcase the lad in the next 2 games. Apparently the Chelsea boss is keen for him to come to us, mainly because of the glowing report that Wayne Bridge gave us last summer about the way we run our club. If someone comes in now then they will have to listen to offers, but it is my understanding that we are likely to have a good look at him on saturday and will sign the loan deal on monday. It soundly very much like if we want him he is ours.

Murphy/Simon Davies........these 2 options are exactly that. I believe that Diarra and Dempsey, should they go through, would scupper these deals. I am lead to believe though that a deal in principle has already been agreed with Spurs to sign him but Jol is having second thoughts about letting him go at the moment.

Dempsey.......deal is totally dependant on the result of the tribunal at the Home Office. Everything is sorted and he will join us as soon as we hear back and this date will not extend beyond the 10th January. It may of course be decided before then but we are told that an answer will be given by then. Fee, medical and terms are all done. If they say no to the permit we will conclude in June and go for someone else instead for now.

Oguchi Onyewu....the american defender has been at the club. Discussed terms and had a medical. However, he will be flying into Portugal this morning to rejoin his teamates preparing to play a friendly in the Algarve. His agent has alerted the player to another club that is interested and before deciding he wants to listen to them. He has always wanted to play in Spain and that may be his preferred option, but by all accounts he is really impressed with us and may still decide to come. I dont expect this to be concluded this week, as expected, unless he decides that the other club is not worth joining. Cookie is really on the lad but does have another central defender plan up his sleeve if it falls through.

Hayden Mullins........has been told he can leave the ammers but Curbs is not keen on selling him to Charlton. I cannot find anyone who is aware of a bid or offer from us so not sure if this one was just papertalk.

Tomáš Ujfaluši........we have again asked about him but the Italian side have said no.......that will be keeping him at least until the end of season.

Also, it would not be wise to go through any outgoings at the moment but there is definate movement with respect to 2 players........but Boa stays !!

Let you know if I hear anymore later.

8. DCDave

DCDave Member

I wonder why the secrecy of CJ's new home. Is the new club trying to sell somebody and they don't want the team they're selling to to know they have CJ?

9. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

get eastwood!!!! get diarra!!!! get gooch!!! top 6 here we come!!!

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

There are a few to whom that makes real obvious sense, myself included..someone on the CJ new club gets a surprise.

11. SCFulhamFan

SCFulhamFan Active Member

So far so good!!!

12. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I thought about this a few months ago, and I think he would actually be a great pickup. His name alone would probably make him too pricey, but if it were feasible, I really think Becks would fit in well, particularly if we send Boa Morte on a Plane.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

I don't like us selling John. Mcbride could leave and Montella is only on loan which would leave us at the end of the season if both left the club with the rubbish Helguson and Runstrom who is clearly not good enough or he would of played for us in the Premiership already. Eastwood would be a major risk and most likely wouldn't come cheap. Nugent would be a good buy, but if we get Onyewu we won't sign him because he would cost more than likely 4M+. We now have a forward line with absolutely no pace which will be a problem.

14. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Fulham have accepted a bid Dave, but, there is a second club who also wants him thus they will be raising the bid. Good news from Fulham.

Boa may be on his way out...Toms Dream!

15. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

what's the new on Eastwood? is that for real, or is someone just putting our name besides his? I want him on the team...if you know your history, you'll see that i've been calling for him for a long time. back me up on that one hatter d.

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I'm with you. He's got some of the pace that FFC24 points out that we're missing, and he wants to score goals more than he wants to breathe.

I'm still a little bummed that Carlos Edwards went from LTFC to Sunderland. I thought he was a perfect match for us.

17. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

yep!!!!!!!!!!!

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

With all due consideration, what a bunch of baloney.

If anything, this probably means McBride will sign on for longer, Helguson will stay, and we'll pick up another striker (now or later) for if Montella returns to Rome. Our forward line with no pace has managed 12th in the table and some pretty substantial wins. And our wingers, with much pace, are doing a decent job of getting the crosses in.

Onyewu is a real possibility, but I won't count that one until he body checks his first player on a pitch in the Premiership.

Show some faith, bruddah.

John gone is as good as news that Boa is on his way out too. If anyone wants to follow primadonnas, Fulham is no longer the club for you.

19. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

John is class and is just having a bad season. Alot of players have bad seasons even players like Shevchenko. Montella will most likely return to Rome and also don't be so sure that Mcbride will sign a new contract. He is running out of time to play for his hometown team Chicago Fire and this could be the best time for him to sign for them. So that would leave us with Helguson and Runstrom. I really really don't understand why people rate this piece of shite Helguson. Dammit he has no skill or pace and just has the ability to win balls in the air just like the other forwards we have. He is rubbish and continue to be rubbish. He is a Chmampionship player at best and really it wasn't like he was absolute class at that level either. All this talk about John only scoring 1 goal well how many has Helguson scored? He has like 3 Premiership goals wow what a return for a players fans seem to love. He plays with alot of passion, but so do alot of players that doesn't mean he is worth anything in the Premiership.

This of course leaves us with Runstrom. Why hasn't he played? The obvious answer is he is not good enough. Another players who is good in the air, but more than likely has no skill on the ground.

Really I could care less about what the player does off the field or what his attitude is just as long as he plays well for FFC. That kind of stuff is overrated.

20. tibor

tibor New Member

I'm sure if McBride left it wouldn't be until the summer giving Fulham ample time to try and find a replacement. If he was giving indication to leave now, they'd probably be looking more long term at the position is my guess.

In Cookie we Trust?