Fulham @ Wolves

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Sep 18, 2009.

1. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

If not for your post counts, I'd think some of you just found this club. Roy runs a disciplined system. He does it b/c it enables the side to be more competitive against more talented clubs. When you run this type of system, you get better with repetition. Last year we didn't see dividends until around November. This year, we've had injuries and played with more players in the starting XI.

Ignoring all of the above, losing at a lower table club = Fulhamish.

I didn't enjoy watching most of what I saw (which was very little) either. But it's one match. It will get better as we go. If we're having the same conversation in 2 months, then panic.

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

You missing one salient point, though; Matt; all of these guys are MUCH better at management than Roy.

Oops, there goes Mr. In Love With Mediocrity again!

3. LOBO

LOBO New Member

Ok, wide midfielders are expected to cut the ball inside on their stronger foot, while the fullbacks provide the width from the flanks.

Problem: The Fulham fullbacks rarely get forward and when they do manage to on rare occasions, the crossing is very sub-par.

It wasn't hard to notice that the team improved once Davies came on and Duff switched over to the left-side. Duff might have even had an equalizer if not for an excellent block from Zamora... :shock:

Maybe the initial "wrong-side" approach has merit and works most of the time, but I don't think it will work against every team.

There are times when I feel the tactical changes come too slow and I think this patient approach is a hindrance.

On the flipside, the minute I find myself questioning Hodgson's approach, I'm humbled by another positive Fulham result.

Go figure.

It's early on in the season and still think some settling is in order....