Fulham weekly opportunity -- another site

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by SteveM19, Jul 24, 2010.

1. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

I received an email from this guy, and I had to tell him no dice, but I'm pretty sure someone will jump at this chance --

Hello Steve,

I am a writer for the UK football website www.squarefootball.net and I was wondering if you would like to take part in a regular competition of ours.

For a few years now we have been running a Premier League Prediction Panel where a few writers and contacts compete against each other to see who can best predict the scores in the Premier League. However, this season I want to expand it so that it includes a representative from each Premier League club alongside the 'so-called experts' of our writers and a few esteemed colleagues. I'm hoping that this new format will keep the readers entertained throughout the season and let the fans' biased opinions shine through - unless they want to be totally professional and aim to win the league for their clubs at all costs.

It will basically work like this. I will send each representative a list of that weekend's fixtures every Monday by e-mail and expect them back before Thursday evening. This will then allow us to publish the previews on the Friday or Saturday morning. That's all there is to it. All you have to do is predict the scores. Simple. Three points will be awarded for correct scores and one point will be given for correct results. You'll be representing your club though so the pressure is all on. You may put down that you want to see Spurs get hammered every week, but it may ultimately cost you points in the long run. I am also hoping to produce a rundown of the results every week and include it in some sort of table format so you could have Fulham at the top and Spurs at the bottom.

I hope this interests you. If so, please let me know as soon as possible. Or if you know somebody who you think would love this challenge then please forward me their e-mail address.

Also I really like to speak to the fans to get their views on the happenings at their club for articles and was wondering if you would care to be contacted in the future on any issue regarding the Cottagers?

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Colin Illingworth

www.squarefootball.net

It looks like his contact info is at the bottom of the page, or pm me and I will pass along his email address.

2. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dunno why you passed it up... but it sounds almost perfect for Don.

What do the rest of you think? Maybe someone else here...?