Fulham vs. West Brom [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by sullytex, Feb 10, 2009.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Look forward to seeing you there, DtD.

By the way, if you haven't read Steve's match preview, give it a shot. It's made me feel guilty. I used to do a half-dozen or so of these a year, and I haven't done one yet this season. Thanks, Steve!

COYW Let's get some Baggies!

2. sullytex

sullytex Member

Word is PK and AJ are fit and ready.

Corky/Mike, won't join pre-game festivities. Fighting a chest infection. I will be in and out with no f'ing about (...outside chance I may not go at all). COYA! (Come on you Antibiotics!)

3. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

I'm working so no drinks before but should be out for one or two after.

4. Corky

Corky New Member

I will have to drink for both of you then , it's a tough job, but I think im up to the challenge.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

there's no man more fit for this particular job. All of America believes you can do it, Cork.

6. jmh

jmh New Member

Win tomorrow and we jump Sunderland, City and Spam and up into 8th with a game in hand on all of them. Big points with Arsenal on the calendar the following weekend.

7. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

It's at home and against the 20th best team in a 20 team league.

Come on you Three Points! Fulham needs a win not just to move up in the standings but to retain some confidence after a few weeks of not winning games.

8. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

I will be up at the crack of dawn to watch this one.
    So I will settle for nothing less than 3 points!!
    COYW!!!

9. Fulhamburger

Fulhamburger New Member

10. BarryP

BarryP New Member

3 points and a well played match.

11. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Think Z-Bird has got the feeling back? And wasn't it nice to see Joe Kamara in the Black and White?

12. RidgeRider

RidgeRider Member

That WAS a nice, satisfying win. Everyone seem to have a decent game. Most notably the CB's, Etuhu, Davies, Schwartzer, and Zamora.

I so wanted Zamora to get off the 'schneid', which he finally did. He is so important to the team that I think we get too down him when he doesn't score.

Chatroom was hopping and I am really looking forward to this weekend against Wenger.

The FA Cup run for me is not as important as finishing in the 7th in the table so I hope we start Brown, Grey, Smalling, DaCourt, and Kamara on Tuesday.

13. sullytex

sullytex Member

Just got back from the game. Note to self...the British Rail network is completely unpredicitible. Leave very early for an set time appoitment. Delays on the way there and on the way back on every single segment of the journey. however....

Well worth the trip. The weather was fairly mild, which was good for me as I was not even sure I was going to make it. The boys played solid. Period. A very entertaining game to watch. Just a few minutes of lackluster play. I was a bit nervous were going to end up with a draw with all the carpentry work going down. I will admit, I had given up on Zamora at halftime. Literally swearing him off. I was done with him. The goal earns him some redemption though. He played a lot differently after the goal. Calling for the ball, playing with a lot more enthusiasm. I hope he carries that feeling and confidence forward. His still on my double secret probation list. The game could have been more lopsided, but no need to be greedy

Now for some rest and a few more magical antibiotic pills.

14. sullytex

sullytex Member

oh yeah really enjoyed the "who the fcuk is Jimmy Bullard & the whites go marching on" chants.

15. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

I think this is the best game I've seen Fulham play in the past month or so. 2 goals, 4 posts, a saved penalty, and dominant possession over a team Fulham should beat. The others at Nevada's shared the same sentiment, Fulham actually played very well and won against a team that they should play very well against and win! A great feeling.

What was most striking for me was that Fulham just dominated that midfield and nearly ran at will on the sides. Davies and Pantsil just get kept things going and just abused West Brom's left side during the first half. This helped open up the middle for some amazing chances left begging (FOUR POSTS!!!! I feared the Fulhamish worst, just a little bit) And in the second half, Fulham was a little sloppy at times; but they kept motoring and found themselves to be successful attacking the left as well. Dempsey-Murphy-Etuhu-Davies were great today; and Johnson and Zamora did well.

I think the only Fulham player who made a bad mistake was...Hangeland who did trip that guy in the box; but that was one spot out of an overall good game. Even that was erased, thanks to the King of Asia, Mark Schwarzer.

The Premier League website has in their tag line "Two second-half goals gave Fulham a deserved victory over West Bromwich Albion." Deserved. That's the best way to describe it.

P.S. Congratulations to Zamora for breaking his 29 hour goalless streak today! Bo-oh ohh ohh ohhhh-bby Za-mor-a!

16. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

17. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Great game by everyone. Was really impressed by Ethuhu, and loved Zamora's usual standard of holding up the ball and being the target man. Davies had some fine passed that almost put AJ through.

I was a bit dissappointed by Dempsey, but I understand that's he's put in a lot of minutes this month. Might be good for Gera to get the start against Swansea and let Duece rest up.

And I don't fault Hangeland for the PK. It was just a clumsy challenge and the WBA player new to make the best of it. Thank you Aussieman for keeping the clean sheet though.

Looking forward to this week and booking our match against Man United in the next round of the FA Cup.

18. MisfitKid

MisfitKid New Member

It was good to see them not struggle in a match they should win.
    I knew a goal would come, even after 4 "a goalie's best friends" help.
    As some have mentioned, the mid-field dominated.
    I want to personally apologize to Etuhu, I thought he was rubbish his first few matches, now as d-mid he is so solid, I thought he played great.
    So, I am sorry, keep up the good work. :oops:

19. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Can you believe that was just our third home match since before Christmas?

Seventh place could be a reality especially with the doable, albeit mixed bag, of upcoming fixtures.

And now that Z-Bird found his wings.

20. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member