Fulham vs Spurs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Feb 15, 2017.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

What a great opportunity to turn some heads and keep some of the young reserves fresh. I like our Cup team that Joka's been fielding, and I like our chances to pull an upset here. Bettinelli has been very good in our cup matches, and there's just something about the chemistry of the team during this run. Even though it's probably bad luck, I've already checked airfare and hotel rates for the last weekend in May. COME ON YOU WHITES!

2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I'll be listening to this regularly until Sunday. Let's keep riding this train:

jumpkutz and SoCalJoe like this.
  3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I hope we go for it. A cup run is good for you and you should try to win every match -- all the time.

jumpkutz, nevzter and BarryWhite like this.
  4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

To Micahman:

5. jumpkutz

You just HAD to go there, didn't you.

SoCalJoe and nevzter like this.
  6. jumpkutz

Oh, look. Spuds have to play Gent in Belgium tomorrow. Perhaps they'll do us a favor and soften them up a bit. Wouldn't that be nice?

nevzter likes this.
  7. nevzter

Hopefully, they will soften them like a nice Belgian Herve.

jumpkutz likes this.
  8. jumpkutz

Very strong side fielded by Pochettino: Lloris, Walker, Dier, Davies, Dembele, Wanayama, Delle Ali and Kane all in. Although I've always liked their backup keeper, Michel Vorm, since I saw him at Swansea. Not much of a drop off for me from Hugo.

9. nevzter

which lost 1-0 to the Herve. now they'll be especially upset when knocked out of the cup. !!!

10. jumpkutz

I see it happening. I really do. THEN we'll see how far this team can go.

11. jumpkutz

Pochettino has been starting just a few of his regulars for Cup matches. Only Dier and Toby. None of the others who started in Belgium. So we will see Vorm in all likelihood, along with Son and Sissoko up
    front. Delle may be a sub, but Wycombe had 'em by 2-nil at WHL before they prevailed 4-3. That's League 2 Wycombe. And Joka said this morning that Kalas is available. Should we use him though, given the circumstances...his tendency to be prone to injury and our need of him to be available for league duty? Our record with him in the lineup versus without is obviously much better. I say yes.

encorespanish likes this.
  12. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

If Joka says he's available then I can't imagine him not starting. Spurs with a disappointing 1-0 loss in Belgium, so hopefully we're catching them at the right time.

13. jumpkutz

In the 22 games Kalas has played, the Whites have conceded 10 goals. In the 10 he has missed, the club have conceded 18.

MicahMan and BarryWhite like this.
  14. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

Those are solid stats. If he's healthy, start him.

I'm just super excited to be able to watch the match. I hope we're able to grab an early lead and then hold on. Even with the resilience the this team has shown, I do not wish to play from behind.

15. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

I just realized I'll be at Church for most of the match and I don't think they'll be showing Fox Sports up on the screen. God, if you are reading this post, I hope you appreciate my sacrifice and see fit to grant your faithful servant the joy of a Fulham victory over Tottenham.

nevzter and BarryWhite like this.
  16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

DVR?

Oh, and here in the Central Zone, it ends a half hour before I leave for church. Whee!

17. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Those are against Methodist doctrine. The Lord only allows live sports viewing.

nevzter likes this.
  18. jumpkutz

I've contracted Type A influenza. Under doctor's orders since Wednesday to stay home, rest, increase fluid intake and WATCH FULHAM ON SUNDAY MORNING (OK, I made that part up), until I go back to see him at 10 a.m. on Monday. I'm dedicating my suffering to a YUGE Fulham victory.

MicahMan and nevzter like this.
  19. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Apparently the Spurs are tired of losing and came to win today. Harry Kane leads a team that looks very similar to the one that went out against Liverpool last weekend - the biggest change being Vorm in goal rather than Lloris.

No problem. Now they will have no excuses once we defeat them! These are the guys who will hopefully get the job:
    Bettinelli
    Malone, Kalas, Ream, Odoi
    McDonald, Johansen
    Kebano, Cairney, Ayite
    Aluko

COYW!

20. jumpkutz

Dominated. That's the word that comes to mind. I guess that's what's supposed to happen when a top 4 PL side plays a mid table Championship side struggling to make the playoffs. The only thing I find disappointing was our passiveness. We seemed intimidated. We didn't press them at all and if we had, it would have been 6-nil or worse. How much of that was due to their performance is debatable, but I had hoped we would have been more competetive. But hell, they're just better than us. A lot better.
    Back to the business at hand: promotion.

encorespanish likes this.