Fulham vs Spurs FA Cup 6th Round

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Mar 1, 2010.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

While I agree w/much of what the honorable man from San Anton wrote I will take exception to the assessment of Ehutu to a degree. To his credit he is a lunch bucket type of player, knows his role, and is generally effective, but "he did his job brilliantly yesterday"?? In the fifteen minutes I watched last night (unfortunately it was the bad 15), he made two shambolic passes that missed a wide open teammate by 5 yards with no pressure. Sorry that can't happen to any player on the pitch.

2. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

After my Spurs-rage of last night subsided, I can look back at Fulham's run and be damn happy with it...and the final 8 of Europa helps ease the pain, along with a jigger of single malt!

And, 225 million pounds in 5 years? Staggering number for a non-CL squad.

3. Jensers

Jensers New Member

The only amazing thing about this match for me was Pav's goal. The guy is so weird - most of the time his finishing and touch is not that great, but then he pounds home a goal like that.

You all know this - I am sure, but to hit a ball, on the volley, with your weak foot as it comes across your body from a cross from that distance with the movement on the ball... with that kind of ferocity! Man - amazing.

4. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

Que? Where's that coming from? The only Etuhu comments were that he's one of the players that should be lifted when down 2 goals. Based on your job description, it sounds like you'd agree with that.

5. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

We played well, but lost to a team with more overall quality and some masterful half-time changes. The "neutral" in me appreciated that it was a GREAT game to watch.

My only beef with Roy is how long he waited to make the offensive substitutions; other than that, it's tough to find any fault.

Oh, and for that first goal, Corluca was offsides; I think if we'd have held them scoreless for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half, we'd have won the game.