Fulham vs Spurs FA Cup 6th Round

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Mar 1, 2010.

1. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Come on Ag, Never doubt the power of positive thinkin'. Like Mikey said........ That and a good team playin' well CAN go all the way!!

2. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Come on Ag, Never doubt the power of positive thinkin'. Like Mikey said........ That and a good team playin' well CAN go all the way!!

3. Lyle

Lyle New Member

I'm not a believer on this one.

4. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Nyaaaaah to all you naysayers -- 2-1 to the Whites. Of the Fulham variety.

Besides, betting on Spurs to choke is not exactly going out on a limb :twisted:

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

We're 1-3-0 in the last 4 meetings at the Cottage. With Roy and 'Arry at the helms, we've pulled a result in both home matches, 0-0 in December and 2-1 last year. Capt Payroll had only been with the club 3 weeks when we beat them last year.

That gives me a little more optimism but we still have the injuries. Are there replays in the Quarterfinals? If so, I'm up to a draw.

6. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

"Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!" - Bluto Blutarsky

7. sfm

sfm Member

The basis for my guarded optimism for tomorrow lies in our positional match-ups against a depleted Tottenham side. On Sunday against Everton, Spurs were at their most assured when Mikel Arteta started in a more defensive than the attacking midfield role to which he is best suited. Luka Modric's goal was well taken and followed some superb Croatian interplay but Pavlyuchenko's opener resulted from Huddlestone's ball over the top that Hangeland and Hughes would generally have played routinely. Once Heitinga moved forward to a defensive midfield role at the interval, Everton won and kept position then created more lateral chances from the wings with balls across the box such like Duff and Davies would supply from open play and set pieces. Moreover, Gareth Bale likes to push forward in attack such that I could envision him getting caught out leaving Bassong and Dawson exposed and without Tom Huddlestone's cover at inside right. So, whilst I fully respect Spurs' panoply of attacking options, I believe our organisation against their defensive frailties gives us an outstanding chance of gaining a result tomorrow.

8. DawgTheDon

DawgTheDon New Member

Just ordered the day pass at FoxSoccer.tv so I can watch it live. Watching rugby I missed yesterday to pass the time until 10 am. I'm pretty confident we'll win today. I mean, we have to win...right?

1-0 to the good guys

COME ON FULHAM!

9. CanadianSwede

CanadianSwede New Member

COYW! I have to admit that i am feeling rather anxious right now but I believe. I really do believe that beating Shakhtar was a mile stone. We shouldn't be afraid of the spurs, especially at the cottage. Come on FULHAM!

10. bigwilly087

bigwilly087 New Member

Wow so the match is not on foxsoccertv.com anymore, they claim technical difficulties, i hope you guys that ordered it can get refunded.

11. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

dammit that was frustrating.

a difficult march just got even more so. things can really go either way in the next 25 days.

12. sfm

sfm Member

It is hard to see exactly when they might fit in the replay in light of our European committments on 11 and 18 March and the League fixtures on the 21st and 27th March and 2nd April plus the TBD home match against Stoke City. Fair play to Tottenham however, who defended more resolutely than I reckoned earlier, particularly Bassong.

13. FFC24

FFC24 New Member

Damn replay. I would rather lose than have another game to deal with. This was the time to best them as they had all those injuries.

14. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Well, by the time this match is replayed at least Demps and others may be available. Can't like our chances at White Hart Lane though.

15. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Drat -- that was frustrating.

16. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

arrrgghh... one of the FEW times I stay away from live, so as to watch.

I thought we played better than they did. Really bummed.

17. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

We just couldn't find that one moment of brilliance we needed in front of net. What a series of matches we have comin' up. Reminds me of that ol' Talking Heads lyric..."Watch out, you might get what your after"
    The Mighty Whites will overcome, though, I hope...

18. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was a little stunned to read SOCCERNET's review. It says we were much more the dangerous team in the second half and that Gomes saved Spurs' ass -- AGAIN. When I finished watching the match, I thought that the two dominant players out there were Etuhu and Palacios, and that there were about 10 points in the match where a goal could have settled it -- 4 for us and 6 for Spuds. Then, after I read their writeup a few minutes ago, I went "huh?" and then I went "Oh, yeah."

I'm not giving up on the return match. Konch, Murph, and Dempsey will probably all be fit -- and maybe Roy will have a little more faith in Okaka by then as well.

19. Jensers

Jensers New Member

I didn't think either club played well, and overall the match was generally frustrating (as has been said) and a bit of a waste of time... Kind of like this post.

20. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Are you referrin to some sort of bias or laziness? I'm confused.