Fulham vs. Reading [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Lyle

Lyle New Member

2. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: Reading Supporters Impolite Towards Davies

Bad form to celebrate in front of the visiting supporters. Not as bad as Fat Frank taunting our guys at the Bridge last season. Man, I loved it when we equalized in that match and they lost two points.

3. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

we should do like a "caption of the week" contest where whoever comes up with the best caption wins a prize or hug or something. the first photo HAS to be this gem:

[​IMG]

4. Jensers

Jensers New Member

Man was I glad to see a win. As has already been said - many people were so surprising in their play. Davies was on fire - I was so glad to see him start to look for opportunities to run!

Kamara had a HORRIBLE match and I am not sure that I want to see him again for a while. Does he have the chops for this league? Falling down - holding the ball - taking crap shots from horrible angles. The attack is flowing and everyone is making runs and it comes to him and it is like he drops anchor and the whole thing comes to a screeching halt. Horrid.

I dont remember reading much on Stefonovic, but I was pleased with his play. I dont know anything about him, but he seemed to be defending with a lot of confidence and he kept his feet and stepped forward to clear when needed. Not bad for a 34 year old.

5. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

I still got to give MOM to Davies, but I completely agree with you that Steve Davis does not get his due. The guy is all over the whole pitch. He's a tireless worker and does a tremendous job of pressuring the oppostition to help us win the ball back. I also have to say I'm impressed with both Omz and Ashton. Great win...we needed it in the worst of ways.

6. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

That is considerate. Good call on the players part.

Thanks guys for the finishing advice.

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Fulham vs. Reading goals

I liked some of the ideas being thrown around lately, including the caption competition.

With that said, I use a ton of sites to download goals/highlights and will start doing this after every match. I see some of you guys on them as well (KRH) so enjoy.

[​IMG]

Fulham 1-0 Davies
    MediaFire

Reading 1-1 Doyle
    MediaFire

Fulham 2-1 Dempsey
    MediaFire

Fulham 3-1 Healy :banana:
    MediaFire

Credit where credit is due: 'ali cdaman' of SP

8. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

RE: Fulham vs. Reading goals

If anyone hasn't seen it, I have a video of the Omozusi red card here. I love the reactions of the Reading players.

9. SteveM19

SteveM19 New Member

Reading's Ingimarsson finally loses his cool after waiting too long to have his head shaved too.

10. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Fulham vs. Reading goals

Wow. That is horrible.

11. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

RE: Re: RE: Fulham vs. Reading goals

After seeing the replay of the red card, I feel bad our second win had to come against Reading. I liked them last year and hope they do well this year. The players around the incident showed true class one wouldn't normally see from an opposing side. I hope our boys would do the same if in that same situation.

Best of luck to Reading until we meet them again.

12. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I picked Reading as "my team" at the start of last season, based on how close they were to my home town (Aylesbury) and having 2 Yanks. I became pleased with my choice after watching their playing style and spirit (they always play to win, even against top 4 opponents), and their sportsmanship (as evidenced by Harper on Saturday).

Yes, I like Fulham, too, but I like them for their scrappiness and heart. i.e., I would recommend Coppell as England manager, but not Cookie or Lawrie.

13. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

caption entry:

Marc H: Stop dancing guys, there's a new Paris Hilton Carls Jr. commercial on the Jumbotron.

14. americanmike

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fulham vs. Reading goals

Personally, I hate Reading and I think now Josh (jhm) now understands why. Their fans are the most fake in the league and some of them have a real chip on their shoulder. It felt great to beat them.

I hope they go down personally...similar to how my feeling about Charlton changed after me and Spencer went to the away match last season.

I like Coppell as a manager, I like the guy who hoped our player didn't get a red card but you missed Hannahman cursing at some kids in the Hammy end for giving him a bit of 'stick' in the second half. I was not impressed with him at all...

15. americanmike

Here's a peak of some of the Fulhamericans that met before the match vs. Reading, taking in the beer garden of the Bricklayers Arms.

[​IMG]

From left to right:
    Wade (from Dallas), Katy (with a pint of Timothy Taylors Golden Best), Me (in my blahwhite scarf), Ed (known as LBno11 on the official board and on this one), Josh (jhm on this board and Brooklyn boy), Josh's friend(name escapes me), and Brad (originally from Seattle now living with wife Jamie in Putney - Bforbes on this board)

16. americanmike

I have Match of the Day highlights. Worth posting?

17. BC

BC New Member

Couldn't watch the match until today. Great win! Especially impressed by our young defenders and the Hoochie Kuqi Man. I'd forgotten what it felt like to get a win. I hope we can keep it up!

18. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

By the by, replay of this fantastic and much needed win at 2:00 p.m. Central on FSC.

19. jmh

jmh New Member

Hehe. "Hoochie Kuqi Man" might be the best yet. (Lee Cook can be "Cookie Monster".)

20. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Hey, how come I'm one of only TWO people to vote for the Reading MOTM poll on the home page?

Get with it, y'all!