Fulham vs. Nottingham Forest

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Apr 21, 2016.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Three more left, two of 'em by the Thames, so here we go. Most group motivations all but gone, it'll be interesting to see who shows up and who mails it in. Forest are right above us in the table, but that really is inconsequential at this point. They drew at home last time out against Blackburn, but could well have won it in the 2nd half with a couple of good scoring chances. Lost badly to them away, so another side I'd really like to see us put a whooping on.

2. MicahMan

MicahMan Administrator

Since a point for either team ensures safety, I suggest Scott Parker bring out a checkered picnic blanket, some fresh bread, and cheese. His counterpart from Forest, Henri Lansbury, should bring a nice wine. Then everyone sit down in the center circle, put the ball in the basket, and enjoy a pleasant afternoon by the Thames.

Assuming that doesn't happen I hope we just get a single blessed point to put this season behind us. I'd like to see Woodrow some too since I doubt the McCormack/Dembele pairing will be available next season.

jumpkutz, tim and nevzter like this.
  3. jumpkutz

Probably our strongest lineup yet. Still seems to be tryout time for next season, though.

not starters.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I wonder if Joka is persuasive enough to see Hyndman in the lineup at the beginning of next season.

5. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

This just in: We're safe from relegation because MK Dons had an even worse home performance than losing 1-3!

Yeah, let's have a glass of warm tap water.

MicahMan likes this.
  6. jumpkutz

I don't even want to watch the highlights. But it sounds as if my fears were somewhat confirmed...some of these guys mailed it in. And that's unacceptable. The question is, is anybody going to do anything about it? I doubt it. since we all pretty much know who's not going to be here next season. As for Joka persuading Hyndman to stay, I don't see that happening. Somebody will outbid us for him when his deal is up in June. At this point, I'm not even sure who I want to see stay, contracts aside. I won't be too sad when M. Dembele II leaves. His talent is obvious, but he's clearly been playing for himself most of the season, and he's a defensive liability on set pieces. It'll be interesting to see who gets run outs in the last two, and who gets stiffed. Not sure about Ream's future at the club. I just hope whomever he puts out on the pitch for the last 180 minutes doesn't embarrass us like the bunch that did today.

7. astroevan

astroevan Well-Known Member

And that sucked... I feel like we've given up more penalties that most. Always putting ourselves in a hole.

Better step up in next week's derby.

8. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I was kind of shocked to see that the last time there was actually a conversation in the Chat Room since April 5. I know that I wasn't there, but ... .

One of the old cliches is that teams "go to the beach" at this point in the season. In baseball, teams bring up the AAA and AA guys to get a feel. I don't know what the hell Joka is doing, but he's starting to remind me of JK. Hyndman and Cairney on the wings? Really? We're two goals down, we have no speed in defense and we go to a 3-5-2? What the hell is going on?

Here I was ready to suggest a trade for Martinez and JK, now I'm looking for somebody with some logic and consistency in his team formation.

9. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Well-Known Member