Fulham Vs. Manchester City

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Apr 26, 2006.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

Fulham make their second-to-last away trip where they could get that elusive away win. Fulham will once again have a full strength squad but I think we all agree that we'll have to play much better than last weekend.

Manchester City picked up their first win in their last 7 after beating Aston Villa on Tuesday.

I think Fulham is going to pull it together and make it 3 wins on the trot.

Fulham to win 2-1.

2. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom Administrator

A 2-1 win would be nice. Hell any match we win is a good one. We definitely will have to play better than we did against Wigan if we want to win. With both teams secured of Premiership status and neither with a chance to qualify for Europe next season, there is nothing other than pride to play for.

For Fulham, they are playing to get that monkey of their back of getting a road win. Perhaps Saturday will be the day. Man City has been pants lately and even beating a lackluster Villa team does not show me much. This is one for the taking if Fulham can go up north in a positive mindset.

3. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Watched the Villa-City game yesterday and was impressed by a couple of things.

City are strong in the midfield again. They've stopped experimenting with Claudio on the left side and he's back in the middle. He was productive and dangerous.
    The other thing was that despite a huge work rate, Milan Baros wasn't able to get even a half step on Micah Richards. City have some good, young wing defenders.

Having said that, I also think we're going to bust our duck. I like Man City 1 FFC 2, with an early goal for Brian.

4. RDG

RDG Member

MC does seem to be strong in the middle, and like to send the ball up the sidelines. However, FFC's defenders on both sides should be up to the task. It's the center (centre?) I'm always worried about. Bambi always seems to clear the ball to an opposing player, negating any clearance he may have made. Is there a milk carton with Goma's face on it?? I haven't seen/heard of him in AGES. Is Bambi the only one with photos of CC in a compromising position?

In the midfield, I would like to see Pembridge in place of Elliot, as I think he can be a Yang to Boa Morte's Yin. He's been steady and a calming influence in the few matches he's played. Yes, he's ancient, but he has shown he can still do some good. Put the Twins up front and have them play havoc, and I think they'll be ok.

Oh, and I am soundly angry that it seems that the Arse match will have been the last meet-up of the season. Ugh.

Final rant: Chelski-MU tomorrow morning on TV -- whom to root against?

5. americanmike

Chat Room tomorrow...

I hope to see all you good people in the chat room tomorrow, should be interesting...again. :oops:

6. RDG

RDG Member

MCFC v. FFC

WHEW!

Finally, the duck is off our backs!

I did think this winnable, and we should be able to win the final two. A streak of 5 in a row is late in the making, but I'll take it.

How bad is Bambi hurt? Did Christenval's performance show that he should have gotten more action? And what of Goma, where's he at? Perhaps if he'd broken a curfew like 'Mare, he'd be in the first team?

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

RE: MCFC v. FFC

Finally, I got one right. Man City 1, Fulham 2.

My big concern now -- did Brian and Claudio both leave the pitch healthy?

COYW!!!

8. americanmike

I am quoting myself, I did get one right!!!

9. Zack

Zack New Member

O Happy Days!!! What a great win on my mom's 50th birthday at that!!! The muppet on the Super Saturday on FSC called Collins...Stern...but being it was the monkey off the back game, I'll let him slide....great game, highlights were nice....As a keeper i pay close attention to keepers, and I have to say Cookie has done himself good in getting Niemi..no dis-respect to other boys between the pipes...but AN is as good as they come...

Till the next 3 points...

Zack "I own a Black Fulham 3rd kit"

10. americanmike

11. Jacob

Jacob New Member

RE: Fulham Goals Vs. Man City

Thank you so much Mike!

12. americanmike

Fulham Highlights - Match of the Day

Complete Highlights are 'suddenly' on youtube.com

Good quality and can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSXvRQeFjcc&watch2

Seeing the Fulham goals aren't enough. You HAVE to see Liam's goal line clearance, the best one I have EVER seen. Also, listen to his interview at the end.

A great win and that makes 3 on the trot.

COYW's

13. DCDave

DCDave Member

RE: Fulham Highlights - Match of the Day

Here's to hair! (If you don't know what that means, see the link on Mike's post above.) Next year, may they all look like Charlie Spikes and Johnny Damon (Bosox-style).

14. RDG

RDG Member

Yeah, that clearance was AMAZING! Kinda reminded me of Steve Marlet attempting to score for Fulham at point blank range.

Oh, does Stuart Pearce remind anyone else of Johnny Lydon (f/k/a Johnny Rotten)??

15. NJGlen

NJGlen New Member

Could that be Liam's coming of age moment?

16. americanmike

Re: RE: Fulham Highlights - Match of the Day

Doesn't Stuart Pearce sound EXACTLY like Geico the Gecco??