Fulham vs Ipswich Town

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by jumpkutz, Feb 13, 2015.

1. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

They beat us at their place in the first match of the season, but it was only 2-1, Hoogland getting a 86' consolation score. Of course that was under the previous manager, so whether or not you can take much from it is questionable. I'm sure much has changed for them as it has us in the interim, so I have no idea what to expect from them....or us, for that matter. They are currently 4th, so they're in playoff contention, so they'll likely view this match as a nearly cinch 3 points. We just need to play better. Safe to say we need to shake things up, the question is, does Kit have the stomach for it. He's shown a reluctance to change, both in the starters and substitutions, the latter some have already cited elsewhere on these pages. What to change, then? And what lineup? A lot of question marks, especially on the injury front. Fofana, Parker, Hoogland, Amorebieta and who knows who else are possibilities, as is, apparently, the Costa Rican That Can't Leave Fulham. I'll be watching the names posted with great interest.

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Time for a Fulhamish result. They might be in 4th, but standings in this division mean far less then in the Prem. Would it be a shock if Ipswich was in 8th place a month from now?

Aside from the obvious 3 points I would most like to see the home support give Bryan a huge ovation if he were to be subbed in. Sadly, I know that won't be the case since there is a large segment of Fulham fans that have had their knives sharpened the second he had a bad performance back in the Jol days.

3. jumpkutz

Perhaps the faithful should rethink their attitudes toward him, given our record this season with and without him on the pitch for us. But like you said, not likely.

4. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I think my review of the Ipswich match -- the first one of the season -- is still pretty far up the "recent" list of articles on the front page.

We could very well get a result from this. I saw something from the club today saying that Brian wouldn't feature, but perhaps we COULD get our 4th point without him this season -- or maybe even our 6th?

5. jumpkutz

6. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

Sigh. I don't have much confidence in this team right now. I don't think the team or the manager is as poor as others make them out to be. We should finish mid-table. But I fear that this team is slowly letting that same malaise that affected them last year return.

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

That's a real concern, Senator. The thing with young players is that they can easily lose confidence. I'm concerned especially about Bettinelli, who is a fine young keeper but who has made some howlers recently. He's one of two or three players going to a bad patch of form. I just hope they can recover the way veterans can. I agree. We're a mid-table side; I just hope we don't begin the swirl down the drain again.