Fulham vs. Brum

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by timmyg, Feb 19, 2010.

1. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

My vote is for DD. Baird's was very clinical, but lacked the pressure Duff was receiving 8) After knowing the result before seeing the highlights I could smile at Baird's 'wtf did I do' look

2. jmh

jmh New Member

Man, that really was a great header by Baird. :D

3. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

I'm sure the team is having fun with Baird.

I can imagine Hodgson putting his arm around him, saying, "Well now I know who I can put up top with Bobby if we have any more injuries - your form on that header was flawless!"

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

I thought Fulham was the better side but I also thought we were lucky to come away with all three points. Thanks to:

1. Duff for getting us off the mark with a tremendous shot from that fabulous left foot.
    2. Zamora for once again finding the back of the net with a winner.
    3. Schwarzer for a finger tip save to turn the Blues best shot of the night off the crossbar.

Three moments of brilliance. Without any one of those moments Fulham at best draws the match.

I thought the defense was well organized and nearly flawless while playing defense barring Baird's unfortunate mistake. However, the ability to pass the ball out of the back rather than boot it over the midfielder's head seems to have virtually disappeared. I am not sure if that was the game plan, if the midfield was doing a poor job of making themselves available for a pass or if the back four was just not finding the midfielders feet with a pass. At times Shorey was the only defender that looked like he was even trying to play through the midfield.

Overall it was a good three points from a very scrappy match. Bring on Shaktar!

5. FulhamAg

FulhamAg New Member

First off, great win, nicking it at the death and two great goals by Bob and Duff.

From what I saw, the midfield was poor offensively, specifically in the middle. Brum put the pressure on them, and lately, Danny wilts under it more often than he steps up to it. Etuhu was a mess.

To be fair to Baird, as shockingly bad as the own goal was, he did block a sure goal later in the half.

This was an interesting match. For half the match, it felt like we were going to gift the 3 pts away and then we take all 3. Good resiliency.

6. sullytex

sullytex Member

Follow the link below for some snapshots of the game, usual qualifications about my picture taking ability and you have to have a snapfish account.

Hammersmith saw all goal action including Baird's stunner. Most of the pics are rather boring, however I think the last two have Bobby lining up the set piece and the ball caught mid flight going around the wall a half second before I lost my mind momentarily. Enjoy.

http://www1.snapfish.co.uk/thumbnailsha ... napfishuk/

7. Clevelandmo

Clevelandmo Active Member

o'sully thanks for the excellent pics of the cottage. Your picture of Zamora's goal was just milliseconds and a fast zoom lens short of being SI quality. Well done.

As far as Baird's goal, I have this to say. My computer froze at the moment that the brummie's cross was coming in front of the goal for the Baird kill, and it showed that Hughes was jumping up to head the ball exactly as Baird. So if only Hughes was a split second faster of a better jumper, he would've been the Brummie hero. Thank you Lawrie :?