Fulham V. West Ham AWAY

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by americanmike, Jan 7, 2008.

1. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

A tough away match and will be a telltale sign of how things are going under Hodgson I feel. Overall, the players seem happy and gaining confidence again so who knows although this weekend the Fulham fans will be therein numbers and in voice.

My line up you ask?

Niemi

Omosozi -- Stef -- Boca -- Konch

Davies -- Smertin -- Murphey -- Seol

Healy -- Dempsey

Bench:
    Seol
    Warner
    Baird
    Bullard
    Ehui

I'm guessing Kamara is leaving for the Africa Cup of Nations...hopefully he'll come back injury free and full of confidence.

2. BarryP

BarryP New Member

RE: Fulham V. West Ham

We are in worse trouble than I thought if we have to start Seol and worry about him coming off the bench too! ;)

My guess:

Niemi
    Omosuzi-Stef-Boca-PK
    Davies-Smertin-Murphy-Seol
    Healy-Dempsey

Bench
    Kuqi
    Volz
    Davis
    Warner
    Leijer

3. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

any tv info for this match?

4. BarryP

BarryP New Member

If Bullard is available then put him in instead of Leijer.

5. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Fulham V. West Ham

2:30pm sentata airs it tape-delayed

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's an interesting thing, SkySports does NOT list Omozusi as a member of our first team squad. This fresh on the heels of his not being in the game-day squad for the FA Cup tie. Makes me wonder if any of us can be confident in listing him v. the Spammers! :shock:

Whazzup?

By the way, Mikey; I think you've set a Fulham USA record for the earliest ever pre-match thread. I mean ... DUDE, it's only Monday! :wink:

7. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

There is alot to think about my boy!

8. PistolChris

PistolChris New Member

Hi All,

Been awhile since I've posted but I've been busy at the Cottage. I mercifully skipped the Wigan game but have seen the rest. I have to say, we looked halfway decent against Chelsea and had them on their heels for the first twenty minutes. Score was well-deserved, albeit on penalty. The rest of the first half was drab until about the last five minutes when Fulham picked up again. Big mistake on Hodgson was not changing tactics at the intermission. Chelsea came out and it was like they had three extra guys on the field. If Roy can get their confidence up, they should be safe. Roy is better at tactics than Lawrie (who I fully supported getting canned).

A few thoughts (one man's, feel free to disagree):

* I'm not sure what Seol gives us on the field. He's got some nice moves but is short on confidence and seems to inevitably give the ball away at the end. Bouazza is head and shoulders better but with an injury, we can hope that a start gets Seol some confidence.
    * Steven Davis: Solid but not outstanding. I like having him in the side but might put him on the bench for Smertin.
    * Konchesky: Up and down. Sometimes very good but given to making stupid mistakes. Still a must.
    * Omozusi: Solid, I hope we can keep him. Getting better every week.
    * Volz: Love to find a way for him to be in the starting line-up every week. We are livelier with him in the game. Plus, the partnership with Omozusi was interesting.

Based on that, I'd go with this line-up:

Niemi
    Omozusi-Stafanovic-Boca-Konchesky
    Volz-Smertin-Murphy-Davies (I'm not sure he can play on the left but has to be better than Seol).
    Healy-Dempsey

Bench:
    Warner
    Kuqi
    Davis
    Baird
    Bullard (what the hell, it will fire the guys up.)

9. richardhkirkando

richardhkirkando New Member

I think Kuqi has returned to Crystal Palace, so he's probably out. If Kamara is gone, and Bouazza is out, Dempsey might have to move back to LM. Don't particularly like him there, but I like him on the left better than Davies. Seol is garbage and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. So, we might have to play a 4-5-1 unless Hodgson wants to give Ehui a start...Healy and Ehui might be the smallest strike pair in the history of the universe.

Niemi
    Omozusi-Stefanovic-Bocanegra-Konchesky
    Davies-Davis-Volz-Murphy-Dempsey
    Healy

Bench:
    Keller (physioroom.com no longer lists him)
    Ehui
    Smertin
    Baird
    Bullard

10. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Won't disagree with any of your assessments. Actually, you hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

If there is any chance at all of getting Bullard in the mix, I desperately hope he sees the field. It will fire up both the fans and the players. Now all we need is our fearless leader back and we should be rolling... or that is my hope.

11. CarolinaTim

CarolinaTim New Member

Does anyone have any info on McBride's status? I saw on the Offal that Bullard played 90 minutes v. Arse B, a very good sign. Where's that defensive mid we need so bad, come on Roy.

12. dtwondough

dtwondough New Member

I can't decide if I'm getting more and more optimisitic because it seems ffc is getting more and more desperate, but really excited about the next two matches. if they can get a W this weekend, i think that would do great things to their confidence level with arsenal coming in.

With that being said, really would like to see Smertin back in the starting lineup.

13. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The lads have to get a result sooner rather than later to avoid losing contact w/the Wigans, Sunderlands, and Brums of the league. I've been impressed w/RH's comments and experience (specifically adapting playing "styles" to suit his squads' personnel and match situations).

While it would be very easy to wave the white flag, I truly believe one win could give us the spark of belief. No reason it can't start at Upton Park. Should be a lively atmosphere and I fully expect the Whites to play smart, play tough, and play together.

14. Fern72

Fern72 Member

What is status on Bullard, it feels likes years since he's been o nteh pitch. I thought he would back after Christmas?? Maybe i'm just getting desperate.

15. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I am going to go out on a really small limb and say give Wayne Brown a slot on the bench. He has been doing really well for the reserves as has Ismael Ehui. Either one on the bench would be great for them. If starting one of them could keep Dempsey out of LM I would be happy.

16. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

Seeing as how I haven't seen a proper game since mid-November, I don't know how the players are playing.

So on blind faith, I am going to call for a draw. I think we should be happy for that coming out of an away game against a fairly strong West Ham team.

17. omsdogg

omsdogg New Member

a fairly strong team that just defeated ManU at home. We've been horrible on set piece defending all year long and that's the one big worry I have about this match (both of their goals against Manure were on set pieces).

18. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Kamara is French, not African, right ? So he will be available for Sat. (?)

19. Lyle

Lyle New Member

He was born in France, but represents Senegal. So he's gone to Africa.

20. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Alright Bullards back. I hope his presence as a player that could come on and play will bring back some MUCH needed confidence in this team. GET IN!