Fulham v. Swansea

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by HatterDon, Mar 14, 2012.

1. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

I know it's a little early to start this match thread, but I just RE-checked ESPN3.com and they DO have this match LIVE at 1055 eastern on Saturday. The previous time I checked, FSC was covering WBA v. Wigan [as well as the FA Cup matches] but NOBODY was carrying this match between two of the most attractive footballing sides [when Fulham isn't trying for the 0-0 that is] in the league.

The BEST thing about ESPN3.com is that I can be in the chatroom and watch at the same time -- although it would be nice to have another screen!

So, we can do the usual pre-match stuff later on this thread!

2. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

Not having to hunt around for a link calls for a :banana-guitar:

3. jimsig

jimsig Active Member

Or two :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar:

4. nevzter

nevzter Well-Known Member

Swansea are quality. They just saw off City, beat Fulham earlier in the season and the Fulham squad I heard show up at Villa Park was not up to snuff. May the friendly confines of the Cottage bestow a winning blessing on our Whites. Any ideas on squad fitness?

Jol better go for it at home - I think he will, but he better (shaking fist).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrCYX5lxVQo[/youtube]

5. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

Or three! :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: :banana-guitar: (sorry, couldn't resist).

COYW!

6. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Of course my internet provider does not have a deal with ESPN3 so I can't have access :angry-banghead: At least there should be a stream.

I think this is the perfect opportunity to get back to our winning ways after the heartbreaker last week. Looking for Dempsey or Pog to get another goal. I think it'll be close but I have faith

7. VegasJustin

VegasJustin New Member

This sucks that the game isn't on TV as I don't have a computer atm and ESPN3 doesn't like my mobile carrier. Any streams out there that people use on a smartphone?

8. jumpkutz

jumpkutz Well-Known Member

We should be able to handle Swans at home. The only thing that gives me pause is Michael Vorm, their fine, young keeper. As I stated before our last encounter with them (and we all know how THAT one turned out), I was impressed with him having watched one of their previous matches on the telly. Lo and behold, he not only got the clean sheet, but made several above average saves and denied a Dempsey penalty kick. I say we get even and return the favor 2-nil.

9. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

Strategically, we made a mess of the match at their place. Sadly, that 's something we're all too familiar with when it comes to road performances. The worst thing you can do is let Swans pass the ball around unchallenged. They're kinda like us in that regard.

Since we're much more aggressive at home, I like us 2-0 in this one.

10. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

I like us win at home as well. But I think it'll be a close one, 2-1. Hope we all get to celebrate in the chat. :banana-guitar:

11. nevzter

I can't believe there's no TV, not even a replay. WTF? Wigan and WBA are televised though?

12. nevzter

13. SoCalJoe

Thanks for posting Nev. Most interesting stat was that Fulham leads the league in earning points when trailing. Of course I would be curious to know where we stand in getting zero points when we are either ahead or drawing.

Swans have had a great year and along w/Norwich have to be the biggest surprises. It's at the Cottage and I like our chances against anyone at home. A hard fought 2-1 victory for the Mighty Whites (Murphy from the spot, Duff).

14. nevzter

15. SoCalJoe

What a great and accurate quote from the writer;

"Two footballing sides going head-to-head in a stadium which retains more character than all the new boring builds put together". :clap:

16. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

We are vulnerable to teams that attack from the wing -- Man U, Man City, Norwich, Swansea -- and Swansea is in the sort of form we were before we surrendered at Villa Park. I'm predicting 0 points and the 2nd match in a 3-match losing streak. We drop it 1-2 on a goal that's scored after the 87th minute.

Since nobody else has leapt into the breach, I will be doing a View From South Texas. I hope to get it up [no jokes please] within an hour of the final whistle.

COYW

17. MisterF

MisterF New Member

Unfortunately I wont be able to make the chat tomorrow. Headed up to Bowling Green for a bit of a St Pattys Day/ reunion with a bunch of my college friends. Should be fun but won't have access to the game. Hope the boys can get it done!

18. AggieMatt

AggieMatt Well-Known Member

That last match was best left unacknowledged. No match reports needed for it as no one had the stomach to write or read one.

I see we've got Scottish Middle School games on FS+ now. If we're losing televised Prem matches for that crap, it's not worth it.

19. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

where is everbody...in the chat.

20. dcheather

dcheather Administrator

We're all waiting for you Hatter.