Fulham v Spurs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Aug 30, 2007.

1. krhimself

krhimself New Member

Kamara's goal -- dare I say, Goal of the Year candidate?

Our boys showed a lot of mettle out there today. Very proud of the way we fought back. COYW

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

That has always been Kamara's thing but I have no idea what it means or where he got in from. I like it though! Dempsey obviously like it as well.

As for worst game of the season, I don't agree Spencer. I agree we were outplayed for stretches but take the first 10/15 minutes of the second half where we dominated. Through out the game we took it to spurs for these short periods which was so much better than what I watched last season.

We had more desire and thats what counted in the end. We can't compete with a team that costs more than 100m pounds for 90 minutes. Thus they let their guard down and we pounded. Very proud of them today.

3. americanmike

4. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

Thanks for the highlights Mike. Still shocked everytime I see the Kamara over head kick. Amazing...

5. americanmike

No problems and do yourself a favor. Watch the overhead kick again and keep an eye on all the people in the hammy end. The tension and then the celebrations (especially in slowmotion) are priceless.

6. mjmwild

mjmwild New Member

Even Better, Mike...

...watch Kamara check out his handy - er, footy - work from the pitch.

Great game. My third at the Cottage and by far the best!

M

7. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

I dunno who 'ben the cottager' is... or why he's so concerned with spurs..

but:
    is precious!

No one, no way saves either of those freak goals!

8. andyns

andyns New Member

I dunno, I quite fancied my chance of saving that Kamara goal. Then again, I'm 6'5.

9. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

At times it was an incredibly disorgainzed mess. I don't really think we dominated the second half either, maybe the four minutes after we got the equalizer but for the rest of it we simply hung around and were fortunate Spurs couldn't take their chances and we could take our half chances.

I really think we played better all around games against Arsenal, Bolton, and Villa. But we got a point! So it dosen't really matter anyhow.

10. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

And old saying... the times when you get points while playing lousy only highlight playing well and losing. What matters is the team know it can straighten out.

Let's make it clear... there are too many new players for the team to have any productive cohesion... and I'm an expert on that, having watched it firsthand. That should get better by Christmas.

11. jmh

jmh New Member

Paul Robinson is 6'3" and I don't think he came within two inches of either. 8)

12. andyns

andyns New Member

I'd be on the line too :)

13. BC

BC New Member

Back to the goal celebrations, I don't know what the hand to the ear thing is unless it's similar to what some of the old WWF guys used to do to get the crowd fired up. My favorite goal celebration is Deuce's arms at the sides, mouth open, growl (see my avatar). For a guy who is often stoic on the pitch, it's great to seem him let loose like that.

14. quickdraw

quickdraw New Member

My dad and girlfriend asked what Kamara was doing, too. I told them it looked like him basically saying "I can't hear you!!!". As someone else said, quite similiar to old Hulk Hogan during his wrestling glory days.

15. cottagerinmemphis

cottagerinmemphis New Member

While I was amazed by the comeback...isn't everyone concerned about the backline? Spurs should have won that game 8-3! I thought Niemi was supposed to be our best keeper? What I saw from him in the first half was not impressive. The first goal was a "Warner Special". He admittedly was better in the second half.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but after the numbness wore off from the comeback and the result, I started to think about how deficient we are defensively and what a GOOD team would do to us...you know???

16. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

I agree with Spencer and CottagerinMemphis. I think we were VERY fortunate on Saturday. The defense was embarrassingly bad. If Spurs had capitalized on half their good chances they would have scored 5 goals (what was it? 14 corners?). That being said, they DIDN'T and Fulham made them pay. A great comeback and nothing more need be said about Kamara's goal or Dempsey's all around performance. They were brilliant.

And I'm sorry to harp on the negatives, but I'm surprised no one is mentioning Bouazza. I thought he was simply awful. Terrible crosses, bad first touch, and he looked like he would give away the ball if a defender asked him sternly enough. Let's just say I'm excited for Seol!

17. americanmike

Nick, were you in Nevada's for the game?

18. nmancini04

nmancini04 New Member

Unfortunately, no. I had to help a friend move into his new apartment, so I taped the game and watched it that evening. Too bad! I bet it would have been pretty fun to cheer Kamara's goal with some other Fulham fans, as opposed to what I actually did (which was jump around my apartment screaming).

:D

19. americanmike

Haha, good man!

20. BarryP

BarryP New Member

This game was so good I got a scream and a high-five from my wife when Kamara scored and she usually watches football with all the emotion of a cat preparing for a nap.