Fulham v Spurs

Discussion in 'Fulham FC News and Notes' started by omsdogg, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Spencer

Spencer Active Member

Re: RE: Another signing

Anyone care to inform what PG incident was?? Hopefully no violence tomorrow.

2. americanmike

americanmike Administrator

3. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

RE: Re: RE: Another signing

"I got stabbed in the butt-ocks." - Forrest Gumps' English Cousin

Not funny. Okay, a little.

4. FFCinPCB

FFCinPCB New Member

My line-up, not the one Lawrie will pick:

----------------------------- Niemi -----------------------------------

----- Volzy ------- Vic ---------------- Boca ------- The Konch ----

----- Davies -------- Davis ----------- Smertin ------ Demps -----

----------------- Healy ----------------------- Kamara --------------

Subs:
    Keller
    Baird
    Cook
    Seol
    John

Final: 2 - 2

5. pettyfog

pettyfog Well-Known Member

6. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Yeah; but when them contractions get 20 minutes apart ... .

7. HatterDon

HatterDon Moderator

Here's your lineup, folks!
    29 Antti Niemi (G) (G) Paul Robinson 1
    34 Chris Baird (D) (D) Gareth Bale 16
    3 Carlos Bocanegra (D) (D) Pascal Chimbonda 2
    4 Paul Konchesky (D) (D) Younes Kaboul 5
    6 Dejan Stefanovic (D) (D) Young-Pyo Lee 3
    25 Simon Davies (M) (D) Ricardo Rocha 33
    10 Steven Davis (M) (M) Tom Huddlestone 22
    23 Clint Dempsey (M) (M) Jermaine Jenas 8
    8 Alexey Smertin (M) (M) Steed Malbranque 15
    24 Hameur Bouazza (S) (S) Dimitar Berbatov 9
    11 Diomansy Kamara (S) (S) Robbie Keane 10

Substitutes
    1 Kasey Keller (G) (G) Radek Cerny 12
    22 Elliot Omozusi (D) (D) Michael Dawson 20
    2 Moritz Volz (D) (M) Adel Taarabt 19
    9 David Healy (S) (M) Didier Zokora 4
    15 Collins John (S) (S) Jermain Defoe 18

8. Optimizer

Optimizer New Member

Fulham vs. Spurs [R]

Wow, wow, wow, wow. Crappy, crappy defending. But what a comeback, what a comeback, WHAT A COMEBACK!

Clint Dempsey played excellently and Kamara's equalizer was AMAZING in it's improbability and it's effectiveness.

9. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

If it wasn't for Niemi's howler Fulham would of captured 3 points in the most dramatic manner. I'm 22 and felt like I was going to have a heart attack. Loved Fulham's heart and determination. Well deserved point and lets all collectively say good bye to Martin Jol.

Smertin is MOTM. Without question. He fought for every ball and with a helpful deflection he netted Fulham's second goal.

Well done to Fulham.

10. andyns

andyns New Member

RE: Fulham vs. Spurs [R]

I couldn't believe me eyes on the bicycle kick

11. BarryP

BarryP New Member

Re: Fulham vs. Spurs [R]

Couldn't agree more optimizer! Dempsey had a hand in all three goals and looked dangerous the whole game. The midfield looked much better in controlling the ball today.

Konchesky put in another stellar performance but the rest of the back line made me nervous the whole game.

Thought it was interesting that Healy was left out and Dempsey played at forward. Looks like a gem of a decision now though.

12. FarPost79

FarPost79 New Member

RE: Re: Fulham vs. Spurs [R]

First half was definitely suspect but the heart and determination that Fulham showed in the second half today was just pure class! What an amazing bicycle goal too!!! Very enjoyable match and just glad we picked up a point.

13. Team_of_McBrides

Team_of_McBrides New Member

RE: Re: Fulham vs. Spurs [R]

Dempsey is coming into his own up front. His first touch today didn't let him down and he was able to distribute the ball well when put under pressure. Couldn't be happier with his performance today.

Agree that Konchesky was the best out of the back line. Didn't get caught out and saved at least two goals with last ditch tackles. Boca and Stefanovic looked lost and Baird was simply embarassed again. Volzy needs to get some time. His style is in the attackers face where as Baird gives tons of space to attackers and hopes for them to make a mistake.

Glad Fulham earned a point and finally luck was on our side with the deflection that aided Smertin's shot and Robinson being caught out on Kamara's bicycle kick.

14. terrinh73

terrinh73 Member

Watched the second half of the game today with HarbordSteve and Jacob. Brilliant goal by Kamara, but let's be honest...he played an awesome game all around! If we could keep the same energy throughout the game as we saw in the second half (er, last ten minutes), we'd be unstoppable!

Am I being overly-optimistic? Ah- who cares?!? :lol:
    -Ter

15. SoCalJoe

SoCalJoe Well-Known Member

The lads made their own luck w/a TON of heart, big boost in the locker room for sure, now its time to win on the road. Big thanks to Jol for taking Keane out of the game, much appreciated, good luck in all your future endeavors

The Good; Deuce was immense, by far his best effort for the team. Played w/guts and was rather McBridesque. Smertin was excellent and looks like a pro's pro. Konch is the one guy in the back that doesn't make me cringe.

The Bad; Chris Baird, the guy did save one off the line, but is terribly exposed on the flank. You cannot make up for lack of pace, speed kills and we let the one kid w/pace go to Reading.

The Ugly; Niemi was rusty and the D at times looked like the keystone cops. Just praying that Hughes is a player, because we need him to be BADLY.

16. timmyg

timmyg Well-Known Member

there was a moment in this game where i was about to get severely angry and depressed. fulham was playing like they did on the road last year.

but then spurs blew it and now i am oh so happy!

i gotta say - i love the team this year. they never give up, they're always on the cusp of getting points. i really dont see them getting relegated. not solely because of talent, but because there is belief that i dont see going away soon.

17. andypalmer

andypalmer Active Member

Smertin was a rock in the middle, but with a goal and 2 assists, not to mention some very effective defending, I have to give MOTM to Dempsey.

18. Kansas

Kansas New Member

Deuce was a beast today...

19. Jacob

Jacob New Member

I had to endure Spud fans for the first half of the game until Terri and HarbordSteve came at halftime to watch. I think we can agree that Baird is starting to turn into our new Kat Knight. He is slow, wasn't marking his man at all, or just giving him too much space.... I don't know. He seemed to be the worst player on the pitch today. (Besides clearing Berbatov's shot)

I'm so happy Clint is adjusting. He had his hand in EVERYTHING. With our new signings and the way the team is trying to come together I'm with Terri about being a little optimistic here. :)

20. jmh

jmh New Member

Re: RE: Fulham vs. Spurs [R]

Seriously. Like... holy crap, that went in!

For what it's worth, Deuce's strike rate in games where I wear his shirt to Nevada Smith's is a goal per match. I hope they keep showing our games on TV!